cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One app configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP expert,

I just want to ask additional information on  Configuring the SAP Business One App when Working with SAP Business One Cloud. I followed the procedure below but still I can't connect on my Mobile.

Activities Performed so far:

Step 1. Installed and configure the SAP Business One Mailer on the machine - I followed the procedure in Administrator Guide "4.1.3 Configuring SBO Mailer".

Step 2.After the installation and configuration in step 1, I followed the procedure in B1onDemand_AdministratorGuide "3.8 Configuring Mailer".

- Hosting registry key, the type must be dword and the value 00000001

- Change the logon account for the SAP Business One Messaging Service to the SAPServiceB1C account.

Step 3. To test if it works, I tried to send the mobile settings in Administration -> General ->Users -> specify the user that has mobile setup and click send E-Mail.

Findings: I was able to receive the email successfully.

Step 4. I followed the procedure in SAP Business One mobile app for Android Document Version 1.0."Configuring the SAP Business One App when Working with SAP Business One Cloud"

I stop in step 4 because I can't click the hyperlink on my mail. Please see screenshot below.

Below are the procedure in step 4:

4.1 In your Android device, open the e-mail you have received from SAP Business One administrator. Click the hyperlink that appears in the e-mail.

4.2 SAP Business One app is automatically launched and saves the relevant information in the Settings page in

the app

4.3 In the Logon page enter your password, and tap OK. The mobile app automatically connects to the company

database recorded in the Settings page.

Note:

B1DI and JDBC is working and connected

If you have any idea on this please share it to me. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

URL cannot be clicked issue is caused by the following two issues.

1. Mobile URL is not correct. “sapbone” should be “sapb1”. But this issue cannot be reproduced in our environment.
  2. Android OS cannot recognize the URL string which has no hyperlink attached.(IOS can)

For now here are two workarounds.

A. Use some tools, such as Evernote. Create a new note, copy the URL string and attach this string as hyperlink, like this. Then you can open Evernote on Android device and click the string with the created hyperlink.

B. Use SAP Business One email function. The following are the detail steps.

1. Go to Administration->Setup->General->Users, select one mobile user. Click Send Mobile Setting button.
  2. Click Copy to Clipboard button.
  3. Click Email button on menu. And fill the text as <a href= "paste from clipboard" >Mobile setting URL</a>, send the email.
  4. View the email on Android device. The URL can be clicked now.

For further detail information, you can refer to SAP Note 2040070.

Best Regards,

Lisa Zheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ms. Lisa,

Thank you so much for sharing with us the workaround. I'll try and i'll let you know once done.

Once again thank you.

Regards,

Ana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The info was quite useful and it worked. However in the app all the settings passed thorough the URL are well populated however the settings item Demo Systems is still set as yes in the settings, how to set this settings to NO, what changes should we do in the URL?

With Kind Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Currently, the Demo System cannot be changed to OFF by URL clicking. Manual action is needed, click the Demo System switch button.

And we will take it into consideration in future releases.

Thanks,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lisa for the information.

Have you tried deploying B1 mobile app using Afaria or MobileIron? I was trying to set the settings option using the App configuration option in Afaria and I used the parameters we used in the URL, the expected result was the app is deployed with the settings populated as in the configuration,  but it does not work at all.

Probably if we have access to the code of the SAP B1 app, then we can look at the plist for settings and get the names of the setting property names Like the Server on the app settings is equivalent to gateway in your url and I would like to know the equivalent name of it in the settings plist.

Any advise in this area will be highly appreciated.

With Kind Regards

Guru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

We never tried to deploy B1 mobile app using Afaria or MobileIron. I have no much knowledge about it. And as I know, B1 mobile solution cannot support Afaria yet.

So I cannot provide you much help on this.

Our development team already got your idea and will consider it in future releases.

Thanks,

Lisa