cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are all the steps to be performed after os/db migration in CPS System ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are planning to perform OS/DB migration Soon, Client have configured CPS Redwood in their environment, kindly post the post migration steps

to configure CPS system in running smoothly.

1. Do we need to schedule jobs manually ?

All views are appreciated .....!!!

Regards,

Videesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't migrated CPS yet, but i'm assuming it should be same as any Netweaver java system.

Additionally, you might want to stop all the queues and process servers. Wait for the already running jobs to complete. Then shutdown and proceed.

After migration is completed, start  the process servers and release the queues.

I guess you will not have to schedule them again, once you release the queues, the jobs should start running again, based on the overdue behavior set.

It would be great if someone who already did the migration can confirm.

Thanks

Nanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks, Helpful information...!

Regards,

Videesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Videesh,

We are also in process of migrating our SAP landscape (ECC, BI, PI and Redwood) from HP-UX/Oracle to Windows/SQL.

I have few queries regarding the post migration steps:

1.. Is there any dependency on the order of application migration i.e. should Redwood be done along the ECC, BI system or can be done before. If it's done before we will have to connect the migrated Redwood to the HP-UX/Oracle ECC and BI and then change it once the ECC and BI are migration to Windows.

2.  How is the installation of agents taken care of in the ECC, BI Landscape in a heterogeneous set up (i.e. Redwood on Windows and SAP Application on HP-UX)

3. Will the Queue, Jobs Definition and  Jobs Chain are migrated as part of Redwood Migration or we need to export them before migration and then Import it back. In case we have to export is there an easy way to take the export to capture all the details in the promotion tab.

4. Could you please let us know the post steps you performed related to Redwood.

Appreciate a quick response as we are nearing our Production go-live soon.

Thanks,

Manas

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All questions you have asked need consultation from your CPS or basis administrator, so it is better to get in touch with your Basis team.

Also you are asking a question for an already answered thread.

However,

1. Do it along with the ECC and BI migration because any way you are taking a downtime, utilize that.
  2. It doesn't matter which OS Redwood runs on. In case of platform agents, you have to reinstall them and create new process servers.
  3. All objects can be migrated except the job schedule, you have to reschedule all the jobs.
  4. refer my previous answer to this thread.

thanks

Nanda

Answers (0)