Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML5 DOCTYPE in custom WPC web form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we are implementing a custom WPC web form along following SAP documentation:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-22253

The new web form incorporates JS-Scripts from an open source project (Galleria.io).

However, this JS-Application requires a HTML5 DOCTYPE, which needs to bedefined in the root of an HTML document. At runtime of the web form the HTML5 DOCTYPE is missing and the JS-Application is not properly running.

I found following SAP note "1713259 - PRT support for HTML5 doctype" which focuses on this topic. It mentions two possible options:

- Enable HTML5 DOCTYPE for entire portal environment,

- ... or enable HTML5 DOCTYPE only for custom portal applications.

However we only want to enable HTML5 DOCTYPE for the WPC component runtime.

Is there any option to enable this via configuration in WPC... or any other ideas?

Best regards

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

roman_loshevsky
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here my idea:

According to the document step 4.2.2 you created an iView.

1. Change it via PCD inspector and create new property "com.sap.portal.prt.html5.compliant"  with value "true"

2. Change it via regular Portal Properties Editor -  set isolation mode to URL– it should run isolated so the request cycle will be separated.

3. See SAP note 1713259 - PRT support for HTML5 doctype  - Configure your Portal according to this note.

Best regards,

Roman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

While I was looking for an answer trying to solve my some-how-related issue, I've found this:

It's aimed to SAPUI5 and... well, it's using some previous SAPUI5 deployed application, but I hope it leads you in the right direction.

Best regards,

Marcelo

BTW: just in case I wonder: did you manage how to force document mode for web forms? (by default it's quirks, but I need this to be IE8)...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcelo,

thanks for your feedback. I checked your link regarding SAPUI5, but this will unfortunately not add the required DOCTYPE.

The DOCTYPE would have changed also the document mode of the web form: It will trigger to switch the browser from quirks mode to standard mode. The only way I have figured out are at the moment  those remarks which are mentioned in SAP Note 1713259: You can either enable the standard mode for each custom application separately or you can activate it for the entire portal. The first option is not applicable. Also the second will not meet our needs, as we are using SAP classic theme, which looks in standard mode distorted.

Best regards

Mario

former_member182650
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mario!

You could personalize your form adding this at the begining of your XLST WPC:

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> <!-- for example -->

Also, you could set in your base iview portal template the document browser mode:

This forces use a determinated browser in portal.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angel,

thanks for your ideas! I checked both suggestions:

- Meta-Tag: As far as I know Meta-Tags need to be defined in the head of the HTML document. But from the XSL document I don't have "access" to the head of it.

- Browser Document Mode iView: Our Netweaver version is on release 7.30 SP 5... but the new feature is available from SP 8 and above.

Nevertheless thanks for sharing your ideas!

Best regards

Mario