cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked Dimensions in InfoCube Editing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have a situation with editing an InfoCube and all of the Dimensions and InfoObjects are locked (have turned blue).  I have done the following.

• Deleted all data including dimensions.  I have preformed this action around ten times
  • Deleted all aggregates
  • Deleted indexes
  • Made sure no BWA indexes exit
  • Checked all dimensions and fact tables in se16 and no data exists, except for line-item dimensions
  • Executed the "Unlock InfoObjects" task in the Extras menu in the InfoCube Edit mode

Strangely, I am able to switch off the option of a dimension being a line-item dimension and able to insert a new InfoObject into said dimension.  But that is all I can do, and doesn't really help.  I can't remove any existing InfoObjects, thus I can't remove any Dimensions, which is what I need to do.

Current release is 7.31

The only other thing to add is that in the past this InfoCube had two remodelling rules executed which a) replaced a key figure and b) inserted a new key figure, but I don't see why this should have an affect.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers

Martyn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rathy_moorthy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martyn,

Try doing a selective deletion on the info cube data without any selections.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Rathy

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where your facing this issue?

dev or prod?

as you said editing info cube mean what you tried to edit?

adding or removing any object?

or exchanging info objects into dimensions?

Can you share your error screen shot.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

This is in our DEV environment.

The issue is doing anything with any existing InfoObjects or Dimensions in the cube.  So I can't remove any InfoObject or remove any dimension.

What I need to do is insert an infoobject into a new dimension but all thirteen have been used.  Due to the type of InfoObjects used, the best thing is to remove two line-item dimensions, combine them in a new non line-item dimension, create a new non line-item dimension and insert the new InfoObject.

Screenshot attached.

Cheers

Martyn

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you create line item dim then you cant make that as non line item.

if your cube structure not moved/transported to prod then create another cube and insert info objects properly as you need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is why I need to remove the InfoObject from the dimension and then delete the dimension, so I can re-create it as a non line-item dimension.

Unfortunately InfoCube is in production and has been for many years.  My plan involves...

1. Create a backup copy of live cube - done.
  2. Transfer data to backup cube - done except for 2014 data
  3. Delete data from live cube
  4. Transport changes to live cube
  5. Reload data

Remodelling is not an option in this case due to the line-item dimensions.

Worse case scenario is that I have to re-create the cube.  If so then I want to know why it's become corrupt in the first place?  If it was due to remodelling of key figures and this is normal behaviour then the remodelling program should never be used.

Cheers

sat_p2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Martyn,

Remodelling concept is available but its tricky to use the remodelling concept, I worked on few projects i never used remodelling concept i hope its not suggestable to use remodelling concepot, better thing you can continue whatever you are doing.

Regarding,

Satya.