Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syclo Work Manager 6.1 + SAP Connection Issue

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have been trying to setup Syclo Work Manger 6.1 and testing the connection between Work Manager and SAP ERP System.

I have updated the connectTest.bat with the ERP login details uder test_user, I get an "caught exception null" and the test is not successful.

I get the following error:

I have my SMP3 and WM installed in the following path:

Any suggestions to get this tested successfully.

Regards,

Nagesh 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Any help on this Mark?

Thanks,

Nagesh

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your error states that something is null.

You may go inside the SAPCommon-133461.jar library under your Java folder -> com.syclo.sap.connectTest.class and decompile it using your favorite Java decompiler.

~~~~~from the code~~~~~~~

you will see something like:

_connection.openCustomConnection(clientNum, _userName, _password, "EN", host, sysNum, 1);

~~~~~end~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the list above, it takes the data from your javaBE.ini for username, password, host and sysNum and hardcoding the "English - EN".  Most likely the host might be the one at fault from your picture above. It does not know what your host name is under your JavaBE.ini. It is blank hence it does not know where to connect.  May want to try making things Unencoded but you need to study the Java code by de-compiling it so you may know the rules.

Make sure you are also running the connectTest under the Configuration folder of your SMP 3.0. From your picture above: C:\SAP\WM610\..\configuration\com.sap.mobile.platform.server..\javaBE.ini <-- wondering if this is under your SMP 3.0 install configuration folder.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Pe

SAP Senior Support Engineer

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It was brought to our attention that this issue is experienced by most users and not simply by one user. We are now working with our product owners (owner of the connectTest.class) to specify the resolution to this. We will post the resolution in this thread as we are pointing all customers to subscribe here.

Regards,

Mark Pe

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All,

I got news from development about this issue.

We are in the process of creating an SAP note with the fix applied in it.

~~~~~From product team~~~~~~~

There was a change in the jco package the cause the problem.

~~~~~~end~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks to all who reported this issue. I will update this thread as soon as I get the official SAP note.

Regards,

Mark Pe

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Official SAP note that fixes it:

SAP Note: 2042566 - Patch to correct connectTest.bat Java Exception under Work Manager 6.1, Inventory Manager 4.0

- A new Jar file is in the SAP note that needs to be included in the classPath for the connectTest.bat script.

It is in the Service Marketplace when you use the Support Xsearch.

Regards,

Mark Pe

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Bingo. It works now.

Thanks Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

We're having the exact same issue when installing Inventory Management 4.0. We tried adding the JAR file as specified on the note and we're still facing the same issue.

Curious thing is that I used the Java decompiler as you suggested to check the files... and the class that it's implemented on the 2042566.jar (JCO3TestConnection) looks to have the same code on both versions!

Anything that I'm missing?

Kind regards,

Omar

mark_pe
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Omar,

The difference between the two product lies in the server.class and user.class files as far as I know. We may have to get an Inventory Manager version of this. I'll check.

Regards,

Mark Pe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mark.

Reading the SAP note again, I noticed that the SAPCommon-133461.jar file already has the change described on the note.

So maybe the note is not required anymore? Have they updated the install executable?

Anyways, if that's the case, then the issue we're facing may be different. I did a custom test class, based on the decompiled source code, and found that the stack trace for exception is as follows:

reading user credentials from [SERVICE_LOGON] section

connecting as...

clientNum=200

sysNum=00

host=ssewnecdv.ssesap.com

name=imsrvuser

openCustomConnection::begin

*** Caught exception: null

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.syclo.sap.jco.JCo3Connection.beginStatefulConnection(JCo3Connecti

on.java:223)

at com.syclo.sap.jco.JCo3TestConnection.openCustomConnection(JCo3TestCon

nection.java:56)

at com.syclo.sap.ConnectTest2.initSession(ConnectTest2.java:172)

at com.syclo.sap.ConnectTest2.main(ConnectTest2.java:49)

release::releasing connection

endStatefulConnection::begin

release::complete.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a running installation, where the connectTest.bat script gives the same error.

There might be a bug in the script.

Søren Hansen

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I am seeing the same problem and believe it to be an issue with the connectTest code.   I will post a follow up if I have a resolution.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try skipping the ConnectTest step and see if you just connect a client to the server and validate, also download data.  If this does work you don't need to Connect Test