cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to stop Excel download from OLAP analysis application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As a project requirement, we have to control (stop) Excel download from OLAP analysis application.  The PDF download however need to continue.

I don't find any option using the "Authorization Control" on BOE platform. Is there anyway, we can achieve this ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Anil

There is no option to disable the export of content to Excel. Ironically, it’s one of the features where we get requests for new capabilities.

You can add this idea to Ideas Place (http://ideas.sap.com) under the section for Analysis, edition for OLAP and it can be considered for a future release.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ian,

So, I am not alone missing this feature. I find AOLAP as a great  alternative to BEx Web (with the view of providing all the reporting and analytics at one platform).

But as you would agree, there should be a published roadmap on closing gaps between AOLAP and BEx Web features, from SAP.

Thanks & Regards.

Anil

I_MCA
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Ahh... sorry Anil... I wasn't clear in my response. When I said "Ironically, it’s one of the features where we get requests for new capabilities." what I meant was that customers want to export to Excel feature to have even more capabilities.

For example we added the option to have key and text values in separate columns, or to repeat the members names in stacked hierarchies. We also added supported for XLSX to overcome the 65535 row limit and changed the Export to Excel to use a streaming model so it is more efficient.

In short, no one else has asked for Excel to be disabled... hence why posting to Idea Place is good.

Kind Regards

Answers (0)