cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help copying data from one model to another

former_member591760
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to use a script to copy values from model A and overwrite the existing values model B.  I am trying to test my code using a single entity but it is not working.  I am not using any prompts and have everything scoped in the logic script and believe I have the correct mappings to the destination model.  The script runs successfully but I do not see the changes in model B and the end of the log reads "no record to process".

For testing, I have all dimensions scoped to a single member except two of them (JobCode and PayType).  In the log section where it shows the "select" queries, I see the following query listed for all three of the BPC storage tables.

select EMPLOYEE,JOBCODE,PRDATATYPE,SIGNEDDATA

into #tblTempLogic_574460

from tblFactPayroll

WHERE  CATEGORY=N'BUDGET' AND  EMPLOYEE=N'NOEMPLOYEE' AND  ENTITY=N'ABC123' AND  JOBCODE=N'ALLJOBCODES' AND  PAYTYPE=N'ALLEARNINGCODES' AND  PRDATATYPE=N'DOLLARS' AND  TIMEID=N'20141000'

Does this mean it is trying to pull records where the jobcode="alljobcodes" and paytype="allearningcodes"?  Both of them are calculated rollups but I need to include data from all members beneath them.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you scope the jobcode dimension at all in your script? If yes, please comment out the line of code. If you share the script here we can investigate further.

BR,
Arnold