Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ME Inventory ID to ERP raw material serial/batch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our system is ME6.1 with ECC 6.0 ehp 6. using DRF and MEINT for integration

I would like to have inventory IDs be created in ME when I do a 261 in ECC, each inventory ID would be a discrete raw material serial number from the material document, is this possible standard?

in the ME documentation, it refers to creating inventory IDs through integration, but no other details, where is this database field ERP_inventory=true?

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me61/helpdata/en/81/292f09fbca44c1ad1ebcf7e692946c/content.htm?frameset=...

The inventory IDs are created through SAP ME ERP integration or manually by shop floor personnel.”

“For inventory ID records created through SAP ME ERP integration, the database field ERP_INVENTORY is equal to 'true'.”

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes, it is possible. See the details here:

Transfer of Floor Stock Data - SAP Manufacturing Execution (SAP ME) - SAP Library

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergiy, however can you point me towards the correct settings in the system for the inventory IDs to be created as the raw material serial numbers from ERP?

eg.

ERP material: ABC

ERP quantity: 1

ERP serial: 34920001

Goods issued to ME via DRF Movement 261

ME material: ABC /version A

ME quantity: 1

Inventory ID: 34920001

my material maintenance settings are:

Data to Collect on Assembly:      INV

Data to Collect on Removal:      INV

Data to Collect on Floor Stock Receipt: ERP_INV_REPT_DATA

IN500 activity settings are on

Automatic_ID_Generation: No

when inventory comes into ME, it just automatically generates a inventory ID based on my next number maintenance settings and does not capture any serial information.

Thank you in advance!

sergiy_katerinich
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usage of Next Number pattern in this case is a basic behavior for ME 6.1. The current implementation does not let you change this to the expected one above.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David,

We have a similar need.  We want to take a 311 (instead of a 261), get the ECC batch number and use it to generate our inventory ID.  The first transfer of a quantity from batch 12345678 into ME would get inventory ID "12345678-01".  The next would get "12345678-02", and so on.  We are also trying to put a service extension on the split service so that splits use this same format, just taking the next available 2-digit 'split number'.

We do get the BATCH_NUMBER assembly data field on the inventory record, so that we have the tie back to the ECC batch.  We just want to take it another step beyond that, and make the generated inventory IDs more obviously related to the original batch number.

Let us know if you make any forward progress, and we'll do the same.

Regards,

Barry Schader

Medtronic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Barry, I'll definitely let you know how this turns out, at this point in time I am leaning towards modifying the XSLT for the INVCON02_INV_PEG message type, not sure about the details yet.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two years later ...

Just some notes on our experience in this area:

We implemented this in production, but essentially did it the 'wrong' way (IMO):

We went live with the inventory ID being the ECC Batch Number plus a sequential suffix (eg: 123456789 -> 123456789-0001).  That took two changes:

• An MEINT change to generate that format when the inventory ID is first created.
    • An ME service-extension on the ‘split’ method to make any new child inventory IDs follow the format.

I’m not sure that I would recommend our approach, as it totally ignores Next Number Maintenance.  So the user loses all flexibility to define the format, if the service-extension is turned on.  I think it’s possible to ‘filter’ the service extension, but I we haven’t gone there yet.  And that wouldn’t address the MEINT part.

Subsequently, for SFC-generation, we did a service extension on the generateNextNumber method in Next Number (NN) itself, so that the user can now put “%ERP_BATCH%” in the Prefix field for any NN configuration, but probably only for SFCs.  The extension looks up the batch number from the shop order.  So that leaves the user with the flexibility to decide which NN configuration(s) to use this in.

The downside to extending NN:  We weren't able to figure out how to get the sequence numbering to behave exactly right for our application.  We set Reset Sequence Number to "Always".  Then, when we release an entire shop order at one time, we get the result we want, with SFCs running from %ERP_BATCH%-0001 to %ERP_BATCH%-0999 (for an order for 999 units).  But if we release a partial order, then the next attempt to release more units from the same order will start again at -0001.  That SFC already exists, so the release fails.  We thought it might skip over existing SFCs, but it did not (at least in our configuration on 6.1.4).  If we set Reset Sequence Number to "Never", it solves that problem, but burns through sequence numbers very rapidly.

--Barry

Message was edited by: Barry Schader

0 Kudos

Thank you for update, Barry!

Appreciated that the threads are not forgotten and updated.

Br, Alex.