Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abap development for Sap-pi proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Am new to the proxy development.I am an ABAPER

My requirement is like PI team will give me a proxy. I need to update some BP tables using some standard BAPI in the code.

My doubt is do the PI guys will also provide me the class or do I need to build a custom class to write my code.

Can you please help me regarding how to proceed with this. I am lacking input for preparing my initial TS

Urgent help needed.

Thanks,

Duttad.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member186472
Participant
0 Kudos

Debrath, you have to use tcode SPROXY to identify your proxy.

If your scenario is inbound, then you will have to activate your proxy class and call BAPI inside your proxy class. You have to look at the correct name space in SPROXY to identify your proxy class. Keep your proxy class light weighted and use your own classes to write application logic and call those class methods inside proxy class.

Thanks,

Siva

0 Kudos

Hi Ashvin and Siva.

Thanks for your help.

I have  2 requirements... one is inbound and the other is outbound.

Please correct me if I am wrong..

What I understand is.

In inbound I will get struc from PI and update some tables ...In this case I just need to write the code(may be some BAPI--to update tables like BUT000,BUT0ID,ADRC,ADR6 etc ) in the class-methods they will give. Thats it right..?

An for outbound I will just fetch some data and update into a internal table or struc..

Thanks Again

0 Kudos

Debrath, your understanding on inbound process is correct. Once you start development you get more clarity on inbound process.

For outbound, generally report programs are used. Where you do the application logic based on your requirement and instantiate outbound proxy class in the report and export data to the proxy class.

Thanks,

Siva