cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW and BO Authorization Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently using SAP BO 4.0 SP6 on top SAP BW 7.31. I have users created on BO side and currently i am using predefined authentication type for connection to OLAP(BW) via BICS.

Now the requirement is to create Analysis authorization in SAP BW and use it SAP BO. The reason for requirement is that currently all the data is visible to all regional managers in Dashboards and Webi/crystal reports. Whereas, regional data should be visible to only relevant regional manager.

So now i have different users in BO and only one user in BW side which i am using for connecting to OLAP at backend using predefined authentication.

Now for the above requirement how do i achieve it. I am confused that SSO is compulsory or not. And also SAP charges you for each users. Already we have users created at BO side. Do I have to create users at BW side also or is it just possible to create auth. roles in BW and transport in BO and assign those roles to BO users via CMC? Also if SSO is compulsory what type of SSO should be created and how?

Please advise and help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

the standart way is that you create your Analysis permissions on BW Level. Afterwards you leverage the SAP Authentication in SAP BI 4.0. This means that your SAP Users log on to any SAP BI Application with their SAP User and Password.

Afterwards you set all your OLAP connections to SSO.

How this all is beeing configured (Except the Analysis permissions on BW Level) is in Administrators Guide of SAP BI.

Regards

-Seb.