cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on Consuming OData Delta Service with the help of GWPA

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

i am working on Consuming OData Delta services with the help of updated GWPA(version 1.1.1) in Android,

i have created project successfully, but i have a problem with receiving data from Backend SAP system,

Every thing seems to be fine but when I given username,password and trying to login, logcat in eclipse returns the fowlloing error

Message was edited by: Midhun VP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sindhu

I am following the   and getting the below  error .

08-17 07:14:30.359: E/Connectivity(1629): Persistence/Cache library is missing.Delta handling will be disabled. Please add Persistence & Cache libraries to enable it. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.mobile.lib.persistence.PersistenceManagerImpl

08-17 07:14:30.739: E/Connectivity(1629): Error in making request!

08-17 07:14:30.759: E/UsernamePasswordAuthenticator(1629): Error in making login request.

08-17 07:14:30.759: E/UsernamePasswordAuthenticator(1629): java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve host "sapes1.sapdevcenter.com": No address associated with hostname

08-17 07:14:30.769: E/Connectivity(1629): Delta handling is disabled. Please add Persistence & Cache libraries to enable it.

08-17 07:14:30.929: E/Connectivity(1629): Error in making request!

08-17 07:14:30.939: E/UsernamePasswordAuthenticator(1629): Error in making login request.

08-17 07:14:30.939: E/UsernamePasswordAuthenticator(1629): java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve host "sapes1.sapdevcenter.com": No address associated with hostname

Could you please let me know how did you solve it.

Thanks for your help.

Sudesh

0 Kudos

Hi Sudesh,

While creating the project you will get Persistence and Cache  .jar files in the lib folder on your project,so delete those two jar file and try it again .... It will work.

Thanks & Regards

Sindhu j

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sindhu

Thanks for reply. After removing both JAR files, getting the following error. Please have a look at the attached screen shot.

Regards

Sudesh Sharma

0 Kudos

Hi Sudesh,

you have to delete those jar file in java build path also. Please

right click on the project -> properties ->java build path ->Libraries and delete.

Thanks & Regards,

Sindhu j

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sindhu

I removed both files but getting following error.

08-27 11:02:56.886: I/Connectivity(1682): ConnectionFactory.getHttpClient() was done in 149ms

08-27 11:02:56.936: E/Connectivity(1682): Error in making request!

08-27 11:02:56.946: D/Connectivity(1682): Request status:-1

08-27 11:02:56.946: E/UsernamePasswordAuthenticator(1682): Error in making login request.

08-27 11:02:56.946: E/UsernamePasswordAuthenticator(1682): java.lang.Exception: Unable to resolve host "sapes1.sapdevcenter.com": No address associated with hostname

08-27 11:02:56.966: I/Connectivity(1682): SocketConnectionHandler.makeHttpRequest() was done in 258ms

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Sudesh Sharma

0 Kudos

Hi sudesh,

For me its working fine.

Ok do one thing ,first uninstall the current application in your emulator/device and run it again.

make sure, is that services is working on your browser with your credentials ?  or not

Thanks

sindhu

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In addition to above reply:

I dont see the error details? Can you share again?

0 Kudos

Hi jitendra,

Sorry Due to some reasons iam not able to write entire question,

ok That the eclipse logcat returns error is

07-08 15:31:06.724: E/Connectivity(5137): Persistence/Cache library is missing.Delta handling will be disabled. Please add Persistence & Cache libraries to enable it. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.mobile.lib.persistence.PersistenceManagerImpl

but that both jar files are included in the project,

after that the android application crashes and showing following error(attached file)

Could you please help me what I did mistake,

Thanks in advance &

Regards,

Sindhu

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Its the problem executing with the Odata service . Can you please check if any logs are written in /IWFND/ERROR_LOG  and /IWBEP/ERROR_LOG 

also check the traces in ST11 .

Virinchy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share a screenshot of the error in Logcat when passing the username and password ?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure the Odata created in SMP 3 using integration gateway provides you the data when you test the Odata service from a web browser. Read this blog to understand how to test the Odata service created,

What type of application you are developing ? If it is a native android app you can download source code of a sample SMP 3 android project from here,

Provide more information on the steps you followed.

Midhun VP

0 Kudos

Hi Midhun,

Thanks for your reply,I have already gone through that native android application blog ,

Its very nice blog i tried that code, its working fine(CRUD operations also).

Now I am working on consuming  SAP OData Delta services with the help of GWPA, I am  using SAP Backend only not  other Databases.

Thanks for you suggestion ,let me try in that way also..

Thanks in advance &

Regards,

Sindhu