cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about a KBA on LSMW PP02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I remember there is a KBA that explains why should use PP02 instead of other POnn or PP01 T-codes to record LSMW. However I can't find it now.

Appreciate if you can share any hints.

BR,

Alina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I came across this note, which does say give you one reason why you should use PP02 for OM data

721791 - Dump when running a batch input session in OM

Hope this helps

Harish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alina,

You can upload the OM data either PP01 or PP02 but coming PP02 is very user friendly like where you can select at a time Info type & sub type & plan version and object. & also for writing LSMW PP02 is very flexible where we can select all data in the same screen.

Ur's Mohan

harishtk1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no idea what the KBA is, but you should use PP02, as it allows you to select the required infotype and subtype on the initial screen by entering it in a field, while in PP01, you have select it by clicking on a row in a table control. Therefore using PP02 makes automating data entry via LSMW/BDC a bit more fool proof, and independent on things like users screensize or resolution.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Harish,

Thanks for your message.

KBA stands for Knowledge Base Artical, a special kind of SAP notes. For example, note 1660957 & 1942741 both are KBAs.

The KBA I am looking for is elaborating your point of view with more detail.

Anyway, thanks again for your message. It's precise and clear.

BR,

Alina