Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Jobs scheduling in Redwood

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have installed Redwood in SAP Solution manager 7.1. I have log in redwood URL, after this i need to schedule sap jobs in Redwood.I need help regarding how to add SAP systems in Redwood and how to schedule jobs in redwood. Please help me for this process.

Thanks

J Jana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer to the admin guide which explains in detail about how to configure SAP systems with Redwood and how to schedule the jobs.

In short, you will have to add SAP systems from environment-->SAP and duplicate SAP_ABAPRUN job definition to create your own job definition and submit it.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thank you for your support.

When i am going to SAP system in redwood,i got error like below,

For above errors, how configure XBP and how clear remaining steps in this errors.

Please help me for this.

Thanks

J Jana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

Almost there, now you need to specify an R3 client, user and password.  This is configured on the XBP tab. Make sure you check the "default client" checkbox. I always click "Check connection" to make sure I made no typos and no firewall needs to be configured before moving to the XBP tab. On the XBP tab, once you specify client, username password, you can also check those credentials, always a good idea. Also, page 802 (Reference chapter) you have a list of authorizations the user needs.

All this is documented on page 96 of the admin guide Nanda linked to. It is a procedure that, if you follow it step by step, will guide through the entire process.

Once that is done, go to 'Environment > Process Servers' and select "Start" from the context menu (right click menu) of the SMD_ProcessServer to start the connection.

To test the connection, go to 'Definitions > Job Definitions' and click "submit" in the context menu (right click) of the job definition SAP_AbapRun ... there you select the name of your SAP system, and specify RSUSR007 as abap program to run, click submit. This will create a job in CPS linked to a job in SAP that runs RSUSR007.

Go to Monitoring > Jobs to see if the job succeeded, if you are quick enough, it will not have finished just yet.

Regards,

HP

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carpenter,

Thank you for your support.

I have added user details in XBP tab after that i got one more error like below

what is the reason of this issue and how solve this,please help me.

Thanks

J Jana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

This means that you do not have a license/use the free of charge aka OEM license.

Ok, so now you need to first create an isolation group.

Log on with a user that has the action ManageSchedulerIsolation

Go to 'Security > Isolation Groups' and create an isolation group, in the isolation group, create a partition.

Then you log on as a user with ManageScheduler action and perform the same, this time, when you log on, you select the previously created isolation group, not GLOBAL.

You can purchase a license for the full version, where you can create as many SAP systems in the GLOBAL partition as your license says.

Regards,

HP

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carpenter,

Thanks again for your support.

I have create one isolation group and i have schedule one job as per your suggestion.I got like below

It is enough to schedule a job, I have doubt about this job, it will be run on SAP system.If it will run how i will check and one more thing how i will schedule Particular SAP jobs in CPS.How many system will add in one Isolation group.

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

Congrats, it works 😉

Ok, now you can to to SM37 on that SAP system and look for the job name you specified, you will find the job.

The SAP system it ran on can be seen by the process server ... always named "<SAPSystemNameInCPS>_ProcessServer", you named your SAP system SMP, so the process server name is SMP_ProcessServer.

SAP CPS retrieves the runtime and status information from SAP ... so if you create an ABAP, for example, that always throws an error and call it from CPS, the job will reach Error in both CPS and SM37.

SAP CPS OEM is like SM36/SM37, you can only schedule jobs on one SAP system in one isolation group. You can create 15 isolation groups if you like and hook up SAP Systems in all of them, however, you cannot schedule jobs on more than one SAP system at a time ... that is the point of the full license.

Note that SAP CPS OEM allows you to define complex schedules for your jobs with ease thanks to time windows and submit frames.

I would now import CCMS jobs from your SAP system, use the job definition SAP_ImportCcmsJobs to improt them ... they will become job definitions that you can easily edit if you need and can reschedule at will.

Regards,

HP

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Carpenter,

Thanks again for your support.

When i seen in SM37 i got below jobs .

is this CPS job..,if it is a not CPS job ,how i will find that job in SAP system.

I need small help.if suppose  i need to schedule one general sap job for SAP program in redwood i need to give sap program name like RSUSR007 or i need to mention always this RSUSR007 program name only.

On more thing for adding SAP system, how i will add other ABAP system in redwood like same process or any pre or post step is there for configuring ABAP systems in Redwood.

Thanks

J Jana

h_carpenter
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

You can name the job the way you like. You could prefix the job name with CPS_, that way you should see the job in SM37. I do not think you scheduled those jobs, make sure you filter on the user you specified on the XBP tab of the SAP system (you can override the user per job definition or at submit time).

HP

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

Thanks you very much for your support.

I have find out my job in sap system.its going to finished.if i need to run a job per every 2minutes for example.What i need to select in CPS.and I need one more help, if suppose  i need to schedule one general sap job for SAP program in redwood i need to give sap program name like RSUSR007 or i need to mention always this RSUSR007 program name only.

On more thing for adding SAP system, how i will add other ABAP system in redwood like same process or any pre or post step is there for configuring ABAP systems in Redwood.

Thanks

J Jana

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi HP,

Thanks your support. I am waiting for your replay.Please help me for this about doubts.

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

In order to run for every 2 minutes (any custom frequency) you have to create the submit frames. Refer the submit frames section of admin guide, which contains very easy examples.

A background job definition consists of a an ABAP program and an optional Variant. RSUSR007 HP mentioned was an example program. So, in your case, each background job from a functional perspective will be a different ABAP program. Your basis admin will be able to help you with the concepts of backgroud jobs.

You have to follow the same process as before to connect to other ABAP systems, but since you have the free version, you have to create an isolation group for each ABAP satellite system you're connecting to. Free of charge version accepts only one satellite system per isolation group, also it will not allow you to connect to platform agents to schedule the operating system level jobs.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for your grate support.

How i will get License for CPS.where i need to apply for license.help me for this last doubt.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to request SAP for it, through an oss incident.

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nandha,

Thank you for your great support.

I have schedule always SAP_AbapRun type jobs only. What is the other job definitions.when we will use this all remaining job definitions, is there any use for this jobs or not.help me for this.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Generally SAP_AbapRun will serve the purpose.

SAP_AbapRunPrint and SAP_AbapRunPrintExt provide you extra options in terms of print and archive parameters of the background job. I

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thank you very much.

When i am going schedule job  ABAP system i got error like below

In ABAP system using EXTSDL t_code i got Communication error like below

Please help me for this.what i need to do.

Thanks

J Jana

nanda_kumar21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

I would recommend you to open a new thread, since the questions are still not relevant to the initial question.

Also provide more details,

• Paste the information from the error log file from CPS.
  • Did that job start in the SAP system?
  • Is the process server green? or is it shutdown?
  • Is the program name and variant names are typed in correct? is there a typo?

Thanks

Nanda

former_member203760
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nanda,

Thanks for your confirmation.

I have soled my issue as for your suggestion.I am closing this thread.If i have any doubt i will open new thread thanks.

Thanks you all for support this.

Thanks

J Jana

Answers (0)