cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REEXACRCARRYFORWARD Accrual carry forward for RE-FX Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the RE-FX accruals engine set up and running successfully, however am uncertain what the transaction REEXACRCARRYFORWARD transaction does.

I do note that in the SAP service market place SAP note 896879 makes mention that this transaction "In the case of cross-fiscal year periods, a balance carryforward must be carried out in the accruals engine for the change of the fiscal year".

When executing this transaction does it perform any system update however, such as create an FI document, or update the GL balance carry forward in transaction FS10N that you would normally see when performing a balance carry forward in FI? I have performed a number of tests that prove so far that this neither of these occur.

Is this transaction simply a financial year end task that allows the RE Accrual Engine to be able to be executed in the new Financial Year, and that no actual system updates of data occur in system at all? If so then what purpose does this transaction serve?

I have attached a document that details my testing and furhter explanation of this question.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you can assist me in understanding what this transaction actually does.

Thanks,

Glen Stephenson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yeong-chul_jeong
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Glen Stephenson.

As you maybe know.., When you try to use the "RE Accrual Engine",  you can consider the IMG of

"Open Fiscal Year for Accrual Postings" as below ;

(Go to RECACUST >> Accounting > Accrual/Deferral >Basic Settings>Open Fiscal Year for Accrual Postings)

In this IMG, you can define the fiscal years are to be open for changes to accrual objects and for accrual postings.

- Current fiscal year

The system finds the current fiscal year automatically if the balance has been carried forward in

the Accrual Engine. Periodic accrual postings can only be made in the current fiscal year or in

previous years, but not in future fiscal years.

Regards,

Jeong, Yeong-Chul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Glen,

good question, I was asking myself the same last year 😉

From my personal experience I would say that this program only does some balance carryforward, means updating some REFX tables which display the current accrual year. I do not know about any documents or FI affects that were created by it.

You only have to start this report once a year at the end of the year. Without it you canot do your accrual in the next year.

Regards

Michael