cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Output determination issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

I met an issue that some orders can not generate output(no output type generated). the other order under the same situation(same order type/ sales area/customer etc. ) has the output generated. I checked nearly 250 orders of last month with the same order type and sales area. more than 30 orders did not have any output generated. I use the same data in the test system several times, get the output generated every time. I can also use the VA02 to add the output manually for the 30 orders.

I already checked the related config and VV13.  the related routine. they are all good seems to me.

Does any one met the same problem or can help me to analyze this issue. I am now having no direction to check...

Looking forward to your reply.

Br,

Ivan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member705696
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Please debug when you just saving the output type inside the sales order just after Repeat output and check the NAST table entries.

Plz make sure the output type is SEND IMMEDITELY mode before saving.

Regards,

Shyamal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyamal,

The related system config set the dispatch time 3(Send with application own transaction), do you think it is why I met this issue?

In my opinion, the output should be there when order saved with yellow light, then there should be program to send or print it and change to green light

Br,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Yes you are right.

If the dispatch time is 3, then the output will be stored as Yellow. But normally in case you have a program that executes these periodically, then you use time as 1 (Send with periodic job).

Else in case of Printouts, generally we use option 4 i.e. output is sent at the time of saving the document.

Also the configuration of Printer Device is of prime importance as in absence of the Printer, the output will not be sent even if found correctly. you can define the default Printer at the Output condition level in NACE.

former_member705696
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Ivan. You are right. The output type should be SEND IMMEDIATELY mode before saving.

Regards,

Shyamal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Did you check the logic in routine assigned to output type.

for example if there is a logic for credit check in routine and order goes to credit block when it is created, output will not trigger

regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

I already check it, and we have the program to bypass the credit status. that means even it has the credit block, it will also generate the output.

Br,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivan,

As per Connolly advice, Please go to determination analysis in the output screen for not generated output sales order.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manoranjan,

It shows Output found. but no output generated. it is really strange that under the same situation, the other orders got the output generated.

Br,

Ivan

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is there anything in the processing log?

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.1st check the determination analysis, here you will find the root cause, it this is fine, goto 2nd

2. check the process log, even here also if there is not error, then goto output->communication->here enter correct output device, if this wrong usually you will get this kind of message.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

nothing, no output generated and press processing log it will ask me to select output every time.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you clarify what you mean by "generated"?

An output has 2 main steps:

1) Output gets determined - This means the output appears in the Extras - Output screen.

Has this happened on your system?

2) Output gets processed. If output is not processed, there should be an error in the processing log. Can you post a screenshot of your processing log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Thx for the reply, but there is no output for the so, I did see there is any process log too. and the config set the output "Dispatch time" 3, I do not think the output device is the reason for the no output generated. any advise?

Br,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Thx for the reply, I mean by "generated" is no output appears in the Extras-output screen, but the determination analysis shows "Output found".

Br,

Ivan

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Would it be possible for you to put up a screenshot of the determination analysis?

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please goto output, select the output and click further data and make sure that dispatch time 4( send immediately).

As already mentioned output device is more important, make sure that it is maintained the correct one in communication. Definitely it will resolve the issue.

Even then if you are not able to check with Basis team.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

Pls see the below pic

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does an entry exist in table NAST for the output?

In the OBJKY field, enter *[Sales Order Number]

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivan, printer has very much to do with this. If you don't maintain any device in the condition record then it will behave as if the condition record does not exist. Not sure it's documented anywhere but you'll find other posts with the same issue on SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Noel, there is many data, just as I mentioned, some orders under the same situation has no output, but some have, I already check the order data, no obvious difference found. I check the order does generate the output, the dispatch time is 3,  but the related configuration (define output type) for the dispatch time is 4. Do you know any other related config to determine or change the dispatch time

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivan, you need to compare orders more properly.

for example,

-are they created by different users (if so, do users have different authorizations) ?

-have someone changed those orders later (look at Environment->Changes in VA03)?

-were those orders completed (check the logs)

did you check the printers? does the issue relate to ONE particular printer or not?

did you check that printer in SPAD ?

do you have any specific user-exits? request abaper to check some orders.

any background jobs involved?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mr. PPIO, thx very much for the information, will check it now, I got another question that I notice the dispatch time of the output type is 3(getting from the condition records) does it have any relation with my issue? because I saw a lot of replies let me change it to 4.

Br,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx Jelena for the information, I did know that before as I saw all the condition records with no device maintained, even for the output type did not meet the generating issue. My question is that do we have to maintain it in the condition records and before I think it is ok to maintain it under user account(su01-default)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Can you tell me the reason why the dispatch time should be 4? because the issue I met is the output did not show in the extras-output-header-edit. in my opinion, if I set it to 3, it will still be there with yellow light and waiting for other program to send it. am I right?

Br,

Ivan

former_member705696
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

In the output screen, you can go to the determination analysis. Is there any message in here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Noel,

It shows Output found. but no output generated. it is really strange that under the same situation, the other orders got the output generated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

pls check in VV32, if output type is defined or not. if not found create the same using VV31.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the related config has been set, and this is an order confirmation output, I already check the VV12.