Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use CTS+ in PI 7.31 Java-Only?

ng82si
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

The basis colleague told me that the configuration with CTS+ is finished and I can use it to transport objects.

In PI Test-System E03 the Tools "Export Design Objects" the Mode "Transport Using CTS" is avaiable. Everything runs well.

Now in the Transport Organizer i can see the following status:

How to import them into Q system? In the Quality Q03 and Product P03 systems the tool "Open CTS Transport Organizer" is deactivated.

Are they configured correctly?

Any helps would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Christine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

can you please ask your basis colleagues which system in your transport landscape is the "domain controller" (main transport system, for example a SolMan which is used for transporting transports from one stage to another one)? This would be necessary for manual transports (if this is configured).

If your basis colleagues have set up automatic transports you will soon see the finished transports.

Best regards

Claudia

ng82si
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I did not understand what you mean completely.

The status of my transports are not changed in Q03 and P03. It means the transport would not be automatically executed, doesn't it? I must transport the objects into Q manuelly?

How can I do it? also in Transport Organizer of Q system?

Regards

Christine

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

I guess you have to transport it manually into Q. Do you have any system which is responsible for transporting objects?

For our PI 7.31 we create transport requests on development stage, then we transport them via transaction STMS in Solution Manager into the next stage because for this case, this is our central transport platform.

Your basis colleagues should know which transport domain was set up for your PI.

Regards

Claudia

ng82si
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I've asked the basis. they told me that CTS is not based on Solution Manager.

It means, that I must import the transport request in the Q-System manuelly? with transaction STMS or in transport organizer?

Anyone else has experiences with CTS without SolMan?

Regards

Christine

former_member192851
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, you should open stms on system, where transport configured and there execute your transport request. Before you should release this request in Transport Organizer, then it will appear in stms.

claudia_liszy
Explorer
0 Kudos

I did not mean that CTS+ is based on SolMan. This was just an example. Your basis colleagues should be able to tell you which transport domain was configured for your PI. That means, which system was set up as your transport domain so you can log on there to use STMS.

Answers (0)