cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS SVT - IMP vs PUR and SO vs EXP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

1. We are trying to setup SVT for a couple of US regulations on our SAP system. I came across a couple of articles that said IMP is for International Purchases (from another country) and PUR tracks domestic purchases. I also saw a mention on sap help that we don't use both the scenarios together.

For our requirement, we are trying to track overall chemicals quantity at a site which requires us to track all purchases (and all sales). What would be the recommendation? Have we interpreted the IMP/PUR scenarios inaccurately?

2. Same for Sales too. We need to track all sales (not just domestic & not just international).

3. We will be configuring the PRO scenario to track increase in quantity of tracked chemical when it is produced at the site. Does this mean our tracked chemical gets tracked even if it is used to Produce another non-tracked substance? (the tracked quantity will reduce in this case?)

Thanks for your help...

Dinesh Advani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all... I'll come back to you guys if we need more help

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Dinesh

only some add on to explanation of Balajee:

Assuming that you know the stardard OSS note for EHS SVT (Substance volume tracking in SAP EH&S) set up the story is shortly like this:

a.) per regulation (e.g. REACH, TSCA etc.)  you are normally starting the customizing

b.) then, only if needed, you can exchange the SAP standard FMs per scenario if needed

If you analyse "deeply" the SAP standard modules delivered by scenario you will see that the internal logic is different. Therefore yes: your finding "". I came across a couple of articles that said IMP is for International Purchases (from another country) and PUR tracks domestic purchases" is correct

A lot of discussion is running regarding SVT. Using e.g.   may be you get an idea about that.

Regarding:

3. We will be configuring the PRO scenario to track increase in quantity of tracked chemical when it is produced at the site. Does this mean our tracked chemical gets tracked even if it is used to Produce another non-tracked substance? (the tracked quantity will reduce in this case?)

I believe you did not get the message how EHS SVT works in scenario Production (and frankly. Production is the most complex of the scenrios).

Short message is: based on your customizing set up and the job running in the system any effected material movement is deteced and "drilled" down and calculation is done. Tracking in the sense of production does mean: the tracked substance will only be "calculated" if it is generete as a new one (comparison betwen input and output); It is not easy to explain your "misinterpretion"

Attention: keep in mind that SAP EHS SVT changed a lot in the last years. Therefore carefully check the consulting note mentioned (there alot of more existing)

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dinesh

Here we have option to create a regulation independent scenario customization for IMP,PUR & SO  which may be useful for your purpose  in which you have develope the ZFMs from standard one as per your requirement

Balajee