cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External List Management Error "ELMList not bound"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to change some BP data by using ELM in CRM EHP2, but after starting the upload of the list (in .txt format), I get the following error:

"Edit External List: ELMList not bound, ELMList not bound".

When I check the file structure via the mapping format, everything works fine. The error occurs, when I want to create a new external list.

I found SAP note 1896065, which describes my problem. Here it's said, that a wrong "physical path" for the logical file path definition of 'MARKETING_FILES' causes the error. Therefore I set the path to <P=DIR_GLOBAL>\<FILENAME>, but the error still persists.

Does anybody know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks & regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem has been solved. The error was caused by a missing physical path. We had to create a new physical path on the application server. You have to maintain this path at the logical path MARKETING_FILES in transaction FILE. It's not possible to change the logical path or to replace it with a custom one (e.g. ZMARKETING_FILES).

After creating the physical path, we had to check the permissions for this path (e.g. in transaction WE21), because missing permissions will cause an error. After these two steps, the ELM upload was working.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AnupDDesai
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

You can keep breakpoint in Function module 'CRM_MKTLIST_STAGING_UPLD_TO_AP' at line

CALL FUNCTION 'FILE_GET_NAME_USING_PATH'

and retrigger ELM process, then while debugging please check corresponding values for variables.

GC_PATH                =  MARKETING_FILES

LV_FILE_NAME_WITH_PATH =

Verify the variable "LV_FILE_NAME_WITH_PATH" path name. This is actual physical path to be maintained in transaction FILE.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks and Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

thanks for your reply!

I tried your solution and debugged the FM 'CRM_MKTLIST_STAGING_UPLD_TO_AP'. I copied the path from LV_FILE_NAME_WITH_PATH to the file path Definition of 'MARKETING_FILES'. I had to cut off the file name, because the System expect the tag <FILENAME> in the definition.

The function call 'FILE_GET_NAME_USING_PATH' was processed successfull. But at line

OPEN DATASET lv_file_name_with_path

I get an error. SY-SUBRC changes to 8. The error message is:

CRM_MKTLIST_STAGING005: "Application server file error".

Because of this error, the system cancel the upload and no external list will be created. Do you know the reason for this error?

Many thanks and best regards

Sebastian

AnupDDesai
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

You need to first change the correct file path in FILE transaction. Then recreate a new External list and then verify if the 'Application server file error' is occurring or not.

Best Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

what is the correct file path that I have to maintain in transaction FILE? I thought, it is the path from LV_FILE_NAME_WITH_PATH of FM 'CRM_MKTLIST_STAGING_UPLD_TO_AP'. Therefore I copied this path to the physical path of 'MARKETING_FILES' in transaction FILE.

After this change in the customizing, I recreated a new external list. But the error is still occurring...

Best regards

Sebastian