Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Call always sync

Former Member
0 Kudos

I`m experiencing wierd thing.

I have simple scenario using BPM

[ async iFlow1 ] -> [ BPM ] -> [ async iFlow2 ]

All SI are asynchronous, including one which I call from BPM through Automated Activity. But if I look in the message log of that outgoing message (from BPM to iFlow2), I see there this log entry

Application attempting to send an XI message synchronously using connection JPR

How can message be send synchronously through async SI/operation.

I doublechecked, that everything is set to async - even in automated activity in BPM process - when I try to set outbound mapping - it tells me, that it cannot be done.

I have a real problem with it, because I want to split that outgoing message and send it to two receivers. This cannot be done with sync messages, of course.

Do you experience same problem?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

i cannot provide a solution, but we had a similiar issue. Scenario was the same as yours. The outgoing message from BPM ran into error and was not restartable, the log said "message expired", just like a sync message can expire due to timeout. But the configuration clearly was asynchronous.

(Suggestion from SAP was: increase parameter com.sap.aii.proxy.xiruntime.connection.timeoutInMSec in jpf.properties).

So i can somehow confirm that outgoing messages from BPM seem to be treated as synchronous in a weird way, even if it's configured as asynchronous.

Regards,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

have you resolved JPR sync error?

I had no luck with it.

All messages, which goes out of BPM are treated as sync, even when scenario is clearly async.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir,

have you got any news according this topic? I have exactly the same problem here and can't proceed with my project..

Thanks,

Maurice

Former Member
0 Kudos

My customer have sent OSS message to SAP according my description of that problem.

Unfortunately nothing new until now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

All right, thanks vladimir.. Please give notice as soon as you or your customer have found a solutuion. I slowly become desparate on this topic. I thought it might be caused by a too low patch level of the adapter framework or the messaging SC, so i updated all dependent SCs, but without success ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vladimir may I know how your customer imported his Service Interfaces?

I did import them from file to avoid ws-rm so that i can start the process from SOAP UI. When I send a request and look for the message content in the Message Monitor, i see the following tags:

<sap:ReliableMessaging xmlns:sap='http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30' SOAP:mustUnderstand='1'><sap:QualityOfService>BestEffort</sap:QualityOfService></sap:ReliableMessaging>

So somehow SAP does RM anyway, and with that the synchronous messaging... Is there a possibility to disable wsrm on system side? When i look in the single service administration wsrm is disabled at least for the inbound event..

I just imported the service interfaces from ESR and started the process from wsnavigator and now it worked:

Application attempting to send an XI message asynchronously using connection JPR

Regards,

Maurice

Former Member
0 Kudos

I imported services from ESR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you start your process flow? Via SOAP UI or the SAP wsnavigator?

I now imported every interface from ESR and deleted for the inbound interfaces every tags starting with "<wsp" or with "<ifw" from the WSDL in NWDS. Afterwards i could start my process via SOAP UI and the outbound services did send calls asynchronously

Hope this can help you,

Maurice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding the example from first post:

I start iFlow1 by soapui

iFlow1 start BPM (no problem in that)

and then BPM calls iFlow2 by XI protocol - that call should be async (called SI is async) but it performs as sync.

So for your question - I start iflow by soapui but not directly - call of iFlow2 is done regardless of how I call iFlow1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay.. sorry i didn't read that. Then maybe something with the imported outbound service went wrong.. below you can see a snippet from my outbound service wsdl, does yours look similar?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the question not clear? I can give an example.

Or nobody found such a behaviour?

Is this normal, that async message from BPM to iFlow through JPR is processed as sync? It looks really strange to me and I cannot find any reference to such a behavior on discussions or help.sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Seems bit strange, i think u should raise OSS.

BTW, which version of PI u are using? I am using PI7.31 SP09 and haven't noticed this issue. In fact, logs are properly getting displayed in the async BPM message flow to PI.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava