cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific sales doc block for specific customers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to block few sales document types to few customers.

How can i achieve this.Please suggest..

Thanks,

Pavan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a side note - I'd also suggest to clarify what exactly "block sales order" means here because it could mean 3 different things to 3 different business people who use their own terminology. In SAP terns this could translate into anything ranging from delivery block to a custom error message and beyond.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your time invested in these valuable discussions.

Let me speak to the client regarding the options suggested here and there after i can come to any one solution from the forum provided.

I feel it is a nice going on this topic and i always respect your suggestions.

I will be updating this thread based on the solution i am going to implement.

Thanks,

Pavan.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

Sorry---I may have to disagree with experts opinion here.

if you want to restrict some sales document types to some customers--then try as suggested by      Mr Siva prasad vasireddy.By doing this you can restrict quotations to some customers and sales orders to some customers.(just have the list of customers and document types & assign these with blocking reasons in XD05 and sales document types)(IMG#SD#sales#Sales documents#Define& assign reasons for blocking)

Note: Advantage with this approach is there is no need to pre-close open orders with reason for rejection(normally clients are very rigid in closing the open sales orders in mid of the financial year).

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Phanikumar V

Let us assume, I go by what the other suggestion is.  Now I set a sale order block in document type and also assign customer block in XD05.   Let me know is it not possible to remove these blocks manually and process the sale order?  Of course, in both the cases, you can change the master data but there are more user errors prone to happen in what you prefer.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir

I think we can control this with authorization. Removing delivery block can be controlled through authorization object and XD05 itself is a transaction and we can remove that transaction from user's role. I didn't check this. Just saying.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I have been telling many times, for any requirement, there would be couple of approaches in SAP to achieve the requirement and it is upto the client to decide which one they want to adopt, based on their business process. 

Some clients prefer to go with simple approach by having minimal transaction codes without changing the master data quite frequently or avoid having multiple Security authorizations.

Coming to this topic, if we go with Sale Order Block, you need to set authorization profile in two areas; one for sales order and the other for customer master.  But with the suggestion I gave, no need of touching any authorization.  Just have the CPP field in display mode for XD02 or VD02.  Here again, it is upto the client to decide whether they can greyed out this field in XD02 or VD02.  Conclusion is we cannot say either of the suggestion is good or bad; as both have some advantages and disadvantages.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes sir I agree with you. There are always multiple ways to do a task. OP got two suggestions and both can fulfil the requirement. Within standards system these are two best possible ways to control this. There can be many other solutions as well using some customization in userexit. Its upto OP or his client what solution they want to adopt. This is not about good or bad suggestion. This is about having multiple views of different experts which is my purpose of being here in SCN

Thank$

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Respected Lakshmipathi Sir,

yes-- you are not 100%  rather 200% right in your clarification in the above description.Always there is a possibility by touching master data.

Suppose if we assume ---there are number of open sales orders for the set of customers--my approach may be suggestible here.

Also let me ask one more here--that client asked only to block Quotations--but not sales orders(you are following same pricing procedure for Quotations&Orders)---then what will be the approach??

anyway--it is upto the consultants involvement in this issue and client accept/reject proposals.

Thanks for helping.

Phanikumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pavan,

As per advice by Lakshmipathi Sir, follow the same procedure. Change customer pricing procedure in Customer Master data - Sales area data - Sales tab page - cust. pricing procedure filed. and assign these value in OVKK.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Manoranjan.

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can create new Blocking reason for the sales orders and assign the blocking reason to the document types you are require and use the same reason to block the customers under xd05

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assuming that you have a common Customer Pricing Procedure for all customers, you can differentiate this.  Next don't assign the existing procedure in OVKK for this customer pricing procedure

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Please let me know how can i differentiate if we have common Cust Pri.Proc for all customers.

Kindly let me know what are the steps i can follow to achieve this particular requirement.

Thanks,

Pavan.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are an SD guy you should be aware of customer pricing procedure field in customer master data and pricing procedure determination configuration. If you don't know this then you have to explore these two things to achieve this what Lakshmipathi has suggested you.

Please do some efforts and explore the things on yourself and don't expect the spoon feeding from this forum.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Thanks for your reply.

My point here is what are the steps i should follow to achieve the requirement.

Configuration part i am aware.Kindly help me apart from this config part what are the things i need to do.

Thanks,

Pavan.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
apart from this config part what are the things i need to do.

Just try to create a new sale order with that document type for a customer where you maintained a new Customer Pricing Procedure.  Meanwhile, if any existing open sale orders are there, you need to foreclose those by assigning Reason for Rejection.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just create new customer pricing procedure and assign that in those customer's master data which you want to block. For this don't maintain pricing procedure determination in OVKK. With this when you'll create sales document for this customer system will give you error message number Message no. V1212 No pricing procedure could be determined. Try this and update.

You can do this with sales document types as well.

Thank$