cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are my documents gone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to everybody.

I hope you can help me troubleshooting an problem I am facing since today after I applied some Windows Updates to my Mobile Documents Server. I had to do a reboot after that updates, and since then I am not able to access my documents any more.

Can anyone help me where I could start to troubleshoot that issue? The windows error logs are looking OK. I am very new to the Mobile Documents and Netweaver Java topic, so I don't even know where I could find the log files that could help me track down the problem.

As I told you - before the reboot everything worked fine - we used My Documents and Shared Documents and had no external repository connected till now. The clients that are installed to our computers or tablets worked well and synced everything as it should be.

Now the client is not even able to connect, and when I log on to the Mobile Documents server (/mcm) i get the following empty screen.

Please help me starting to troubleshooting the issue. I don't think the problem is caused by the windows update I did, more i think it is related to the reboot I did after.

Thank you very much for your help.

Greetings, Ernst

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning!

I think I have found the reason.

During my tests I put the name of the server in the "External Server URL" field in the general settings of MCM administration.

I removed it and after a server restart everything works well like before.

Thank you.

br

Ernst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst.

Yes, the external server url is a setting that requires a restart, so you didn't realize it until you rebootet your system.

Just a small tip to check the functionality if you encounter a similar situation again:

enter /mcm/json - this is the endpoint of the CMIS browser binding. Basically every client starts by calling this endpoint. With a Firefox Plugin like JSON View you really quickly see if your repositories are listed correctly.

Regards, Karsten

Answers (0)