cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM report question

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have EPM report created dynamically for all base level member of the hierarchy.However in the left most coumn, I need to show the top most parent of these base level account.How to achieve this in reporting? For example ....my current state is Account 1: Amount Account 2: Amount My future requirement is Parent of account 1: Account 1: Amount Parent of Account 2: Account 2: Amount Is it possible to achieive this in report. I have nearly 500 accounts depends on which parent Iam running the report for.How toachieve this in dynamic repot(not the EPM retrieve formula) based report. Appreciate inputs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ups, you have many root level parents for your base accounts?

Please, show you accounts hierarchy...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

As per suggestion..attaching herewith screenshot of account hierarchy and expected display in the reporting. Let meknow...how to achieve this in EPM dynamic reporting ..without use of EPM retrieve formulas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I understand the set up of the report, but fail to understand the reason for the structure of the report being the way it is - especially because the folks who run the reports know the account structure.

Anyways, as you know, in BPC reports we cannot have the same dimension show up more than once in the same axis.  You may however use a local member (for example, to retrieve the description for "Assets") and insert this local member before the column axis.  Hope this helps.

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

How is the local member can be configured to identify the top most parent? Appreciate inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your screenshot, you say that "I am running the report by selecting Assets"...  How are you selecting "Assets"?

If you are using the context to select assets, then your local member will be something like EPMContextMember(,"Account dimension name")

If you are selecting "Assets" on the report, then it will be something like EPMMemberDescription(ExcelCellAddress)

Hope you get the point....

Vijay

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Agree with Vijay, local member with EPMContextMember can do the job. Also you will need a second local member to show the ID (or description) of the current row member as a second column. Then you will hide the first column and the report wiull look like what you present...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please post a screenshot of your requirement and give us more details?  That will help us understand your question a bit better.  Thanks.