cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Data Access

former_member193552
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All, I have one BW on HANA system rev 80.. I learnt that SDA is out of box funtionality. so if i need to get data from other BW system netweaver 7.01.. Can i get data from that system ( Cube ) and build my query.

Also if someone has any guide on how to use Smart data access ,, Please sahre with me,, I am pretty new to it.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SDA will suport only for tables as of now and it is limited to few data bases only.

If you still want to build the query with less data then you can use Virtual Info Provider using FM which will read your cube data and another option is create a DSO and access the Core Table ( in data level ) using SDA ( access the BW 7.0 data base table using SDA)

Regards

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal Mehmood,

Your question is not clear. If I have understood your question properly You have to BW system one in 7.01 on Any Traditional DB other BW system on HANA.

Now you want to access the 7.01 Cube Data  in BW on HANA system .Am I right.If yes then check my answer below:

Option1:

• In 7.01 system  create a OHD and push the cube data to DB table of the own system.(it means if you are running the 7.01 BW system on oracle DB then push the cube data to the Local DB table.).If you don't have the OHD license then try Export data source option.
  • Then Go to HANA system where your other BW system is installed establish the SDA to a oracle system as described in the above posted document.
  • Access the OHD table and virtualize in HANA. Then this table can be accessed in HANA views or in BW object Open ODS  .

Option 2:

• From 7.01 system use DXC option and push data to HANA

http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Direct_Extractor_Connection_Implementation_Guide_en.pdf

• Then from the /BIC/A<DATASOURCENAME>00 table in HANA you can build HANA views and query on that data.

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks & Regards

A.Dinesh

AtulKumarJain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Please check below link

SAP HANA Smart Data Access - Using the SAP HANA Database - SAP Library

I hope it will help you.

BR

Atul