cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the effort to upgrade SNC to SNC HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can you give estimates and provide guidance on what is needed to be done to upgrade current SNC landscape (On SCM 7.0 EHP2) to SNC HANA. How much functional resources is needed, or is it all basis work to convert databses?

Current SNC landscape has both supplier (PO/ASN/Invoice/SNI/SMI) and customer (responsive replenishment)  processes active

Thanks,

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

I did not make an upgrade to HANA but i have made upgrade Oracle to DB2, 5.1 to 7.02, 7.02 to 7.12...

Firstly, you should keep an SNC expert on functional side thus there are activities required like ODM execution, OSS notes etc etc...

If we consider this change as a DB change, i strongly suggest you to check custom programs which uses Database selects. They can cause you trouble which means you need to keep an ABAP guy with limited scope.

As a last, there are some customizing exist on 7.12 to use HANA database actively during web screen queries. These options are coming with SCM_SNC_GEN_1 & SCM_SNC_GEN_2 Business function activation.

In summary, you need an SNC expert, an ABAP guy and a basis member who will make this transformation. This project should not take long time because you functions seems like very limited.

Let us know the outcomes if you perform this change...

Regards,

Selim Batur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juraj,

We are considering upgrade of SNC to HANA. Did you do this upgrade to HANA? If yes, can you share some details around rough time & effort required to this?

Regards

Shekhar