SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do SAP select the correct DC to issue stock out to store

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

An additional warehouse had been configured to store Chinese books.

The current warehouse and the new warehouse are holding the same title.

How can I configure the system such that

a.     when the STOCK TRANSPORT order is being raise, it would default to the new warehouse and not the existing warehouse.

This is to prevent human error on keying in the wrong warehouse to supply out.

b.     during store replenishment, how to let system to replenish from the new warehouse?

Please guide me.

Thanks

bye

19 REPLIES 19

RobynCouch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It's very difficult to answer you query because there is no "warehouse" in a stock transport order.  I assume you are talking about storage location but even then there are potentially multiple storage locations on a stock transport order item.

Could you give us a little more detail about your enterprise structure (i.e. plant, storage location and warehouse structure).  We need to know if your warehouses are in different plants.

Also could you check your system configuration to see if you have storage location to storage location stock transport order activated.  In SPRO that can be found under Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Order --> Set up Stock Transport Order --> Set Up Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations --> Activate Stock Transfer Between Storage Locations

Also what are you trying to automatically deterime in the stock transfer process.  Where the stock is issued from, where it is received or both?

And when you talk about replenishment you need to tell us what is driving you replenishment process (are you using MRP?)

Thanks

Robyn

0 Kudos

Hi,

Prehaps I should replace Warehouse with DC/Site.

I had 2 DC and both have the same item. Each DC has its own Warehouse.

Both DC shares the same company and purchase organization.

When User raise a Transport order, User had to manual set the source DC to supply.

I believe it can be done thru Userexit. However, I would very much like to configure it.

When User enter an article to be transfer to Store during the STO entry, System will be clever enough to use the new DC and not the old DC to supply.

At all times, there are only 1 storage location.

During Store replenishment run, system will proposed Transport order to be supplied by the new DC and not the old DC for the same article.

bye

0 Kudos

Still not certain what I am suggesting will work because DC/Site are not SAP logistics terms but you should start by looking at the Special Procurement Type functionallity.

This can be configured in the SPRO transaction under Production --> Material Requirements Planning --> Master Data --> Define Special Procurement Type

For the plant receiving the goods configure a special procurement type where procurement type = F, special procurement type = U and the supplying plant = <supplying plant you require>.  This key can then be assigned in the material master on the MRP 2 tab.

Assuming you are using MRP for your store replenishment run, doing this will give you the functionallity you require in your replenishment run and should help during manual entry of stock transport order also.

It's highly unlikely you would need a user exit for anything you have described.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Will monitor if there are additional suggestion from the group.

bye

0 Kudos

No problem.

I had a thought on the way to work this morning.  Are you using SAP ECC or IS Retail?  I recall something about IS Retail using slightly different terms for the enterprise structure objects which may be why I'm confused.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running on SAP ECC 6.0 with SAP Enterprise Extension Retail (EA-RETAIL).

0 Kudos

It might be worth asking your question in the retail forum http://scn.sap.com/community/retail

I'm not going to be able to help because I'm not aware of the changes made by the Retail extension.

former_member318507
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please let me know how you have configured your storage location and Warehouse?

Is it One(storag location) to One(WH) mapping or One(storage location) to many(WH) mapping?

Also please let me know how do you differntiate the old WH and new WH in the SAP system?

You have mentioned tittle is same but is that WH number is also same for old and new WH?

0 Kudos

Hi,

Old warehouse = DC 150

New warehouse = DC 151

Each DC only used 1 storage location '0001'.

Both DC belong to the same Purchase organization and Company.

The same article is found in both the DC and warehouse.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check whether shipping-specific data for stock transfer for purchase document type & Order types for stock transfer allowed is maintained for new warehouse or not.... Refer attached document to maintain the values for the same.....

amit_tunara
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would suggest you use Supplying Plant concept for the store. You can assign more than one DC (warehouse) to your store with priority.

This information is being used for supply source determination during replenishment process.

Depending on the priority, you can decide to have a specific DC to act as supplying plant in STO.

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi,

Supplying concept will helps indeed.

However, it is meant to define the supply DC for the receiving site as a whole.

My receiving site has products for different subrange.

Only 1 particular subrange, Chinese, need to get from the new DC.

The rest of the subrange still continue to take from existing DC.

How can I do it?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I cannot access my system, but if I am not wrong, we have an option to assign the supplying plant for each merchandise category.

Try that option.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hello,

When you go to MC assignment to site in transaction WB02, you will see list of merchandise categories which are extended to site are displayed. Select the MC for your Chinese product and click on Supplying Site button on the toolbar. This will allow you to assign the supplying the site specific to group of products.

Let me know if you need any more clarification.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member

Hi,

One be stirage location = one warehouse

In log dc of the article maintain storage location num of the location mapped to Chinese warehouse with validity the dc number and save .

Check t code mala after this .

In logistic store view of article go to that store raising sto in validity and maintain supply source 2 .

In store master go to  MC assignment assign supply source as DC vendor code to Chinese book MC .

Empty stocks from old

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Firstly, I am not able to find the TCODE, MALA. Can you confirmed the TCODE is correct?

I am able to find supplying site in WB02 as well as supplying site/MC in Merchandise Catgeory.

My question is

a. if there are setting in both lines, which one would take preference?

Can you confirm it?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Setting in both lines? Are you talking about supply-site in MC of site master?

In that case if 2 lines exist with different DC's as supply source then - priority will be considered . There a field which defines the priority .

"

Supplying site priority

If a number of supplying plants are to be valid for a plant or plant group at the same time/during the same period, you must enter a priority for supply source determination.

If supply source determination finds several supplying plants that are valid for a plant or plant group at the same time/during the same period, the system checks the sequence of priority; the supplying plant with value 00 has the highest priority. This means that the system first checks the supplying plant with priority 00 to determine whether it can be used as the supply source.

In the standard system, there is a check on whether listing conditions exist for a material. A user exit can be used for further checks (e.g. availability)." SAP EXPLANATION"

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I will set it up and test if it will work according to User requirement.

It may works in the case of replenishment.

What about if the STOCK TRANSPORT order is raised manually by Store User?

Can this setting (in WB02) helps to determine which warehouse to source during STO creation?

Please advise.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Manual STO creation, we need to enter the supplying DC.

However, if you create PR and let system to determine the source of supply, then with this setting, system will propose the desired DC as source supply. For this we need to ensure that the source of supply in article master for this store must be stock transfer (can be procured from DC only).

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Amit