cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use combined barcodes in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Does anyone have information about using HIBC or GTIN barcodes that contain multiple fields combined in one 1D/2D-Barcode? I want to use an HIBC Barcode for picking (via RF) in EWM 9.0. The barcode contains the product no. as well as the batch ID/serial no. at once. It uses a custom prefix and a separator.

I tried to decode the barcode by setting up a barcode type for it via "Mobile data entry" -> "RF" -> "Maintain Barcode specification" and/or BAdI "/SCWM/ES_RF_VERIF" without success. Has anyone already implemented that (or is it even possible in EWM)? Any leads will be greatly appreciated...

Regards,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

If you would like to use this barcode only for verification (of batch or productnumber) BAdI /SCWM/ES_RF_VERIF should work for you. If you would like to enter the serialnumber (or/and batch) by scanning your barcode, you need your own RF Step or your own RF Transaction, where you can interpret your barcode.

best regards,

Harald

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, Harald!

Unfortunately, I do not want to use it only for validation. I need it for the actual picking dialog. The BAdI(s) won't help me for that. As the picking dialog is an essential one, I do not want to build one of my own.

Best regards,

Jochen

0 Kudos

In this case, you need to enhance the RF Pick Step. You don't need to create a whole new Pick dialog, you only need to create a own screen and a own function module.

There is no  way to solve this topic by customizing.

best regards,

Harald