cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion File Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have run into a problem when I try to upload data using transformation and conversion file. New accounts were added and mapped to BPC accounts in one of my conversion files, However when I ran data validation on the conversion file I get the following two errors only for the new accounts added (the rest of the records are accepted):

1. Dimension: FLOW member: CYA_YTD_151150_COS is invalid or is a calculated member

2. Dimension: ACCOUNT member: CYA_YTD_151550_COS is invalid or is a calculated member

It is only for the new accounts I mapped and I am 100% sure the BPC accounts I have mapped to are not calculated members. I am also 100% sure the accounts from the flat data file (e.g. CYA_YTD_151150_COS) are 100% the same. Anyone familiar with this issue?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

Which dimension are you using for this load?

And what do you mean by creating new members in the conversion file?

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean when I say I am creating new members in the conversion file is that I am adding new rows to it (mapping accounts from the flat file to BPC) The accounts that I am mapping already exist in BPC and in the flat file.

Below is my Transformation file. The dimension and file in question is Account and account.xls.

OPTIONS

FORMAT = DELIMITED

HEADER = YES

DELIMITER = TAB

AMOUNTDECIMALPOINT = .

SKIP = 0

SKIPIF =

VALIDATERECORDS=YES

CREDITPOSITIVE=NO

MAXREJECTCOUNT=999999

ROUNDAMOUNT=

*MAPPING

Account=GL_Account

Entity=CompanyID

AuditID=*newcol(INPUT)

Currency=*newcol(LC)

Consoscope=*newcol(G_NONE)

Interco=*newcol(I_NONE)

Time=AsOfDate

Category=*newcol(BUDGET)

Flow=GL_Account

*CONVERSION

Account= account.xls

Entity=Entity.xls

Time=Time.xls

AMOUNT = account.XLS

Flow=flow.xls

former_member196060
Contributor
0 Kudos

Note 1684760 is for 7.5, but you could check whether empty member for your scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for replying. Just solved it. Stupid me. I did not add the new mapping list to the flows.xls conversion file.

Sorry to bother you and thanks for trying to help!

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After adding new accounts did you logout and login again from Excel or Refresh Metadata for current connection from EPM-->More.

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vara for getting replying

Did logout and login but still getting same error. How do I Refersh Metadata for current connection?

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refresh Meta Data from EPM-->More.

Can you see newly added accounts from EPM context?

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the confusion. No new accounts were added to the BPC system. Only additional accounts were added in the conversion file (i.e. new rows on the conversion file only)

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Oh....can you open the conversion file and validate again to just make sure newly added accounts exist.

Thanks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they all exist. Everything is matching. When I run conversion validation it show as successful, however when I run transformation validation it give me the error. The accounts in BPC and in the flat file both exist. I have trip checked it. I have a feeling that the update did not process properly in the conversion file or the conversion file is not being correctly read for the new rows added.