cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC 7.5 Client, Silent install but with progress bar, can it be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to uninstall the BPC 7 Client and then deploy 7.5 to around 250 users accross the country.

We have SCCM (SMS) in place so will be using that.

I have the uninstall of 7 sorted and I have the response file etc sorted for the silent install of 7.5 and the install runs, silently, no issue.

Is there a way though that one can "turn on" the progress bar during the install? So that users dont shutdown or disconnect in the 15min it takes the install to run.

By way of example, in the SAP Business objects enterprise client on can configure the Silent install so that although it never prompts the user for a reponse there is a progress bar that runs, indicating that there is an install in progress.

Thanks in advance,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bryan,

I sorry but I'm not able to furnish you with an answer to your question. But in fact I need to find out from you how you did the uninstall and the install for 7 and 7.5 respectively.

Could you share that information with me?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

No worries, I am using a pop up countdown so the users have some idea on progress. Would love to know why the install runs for over 15min.

In the above case the uninstall was easy as we had deployed using MS AppV so it was just a case of deleting the advert in SCCM and the application was pulled from the users desktops.

For 7.5 I am using a vbscript with following to uninstall:

The install string pulled from the clients registry uninstall folder:

RunCommand Chr(34) & "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{EC8753EF-EE78-48B5-A4D0-FBBD237B5D53}\setup.exe" & Chr(34) & " -runfromtemp -l0x0009UNINSTALL -removeonly"

We create a custom link, so this deletes it.

DeleteFile "c:\Users\Public\Desktop\SAP BPC 7.5.lnk"

You should be able to create something similar for 7.0 & 7.1

Hope that helps,

Bryan