cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual cost in CN41N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our project profile has 4 levels of WBS. Actual costs are not shown on level 3 and 4 and I don't know why. It is a Project which capitalize the cost. Network has settlement on WBS Level 2, WBS level 2 has settlement on AuC. Before settlement the actual costs are shown, but after the settlement is running, the amount is 0.

Can you please advice how I can check if there is some errors?

Thanks.

Rodica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Problem solved. In OPI2 for the settlement cost element group (from Networks settlement) was necessary to select Surpress. For our company code it was not selected and for another company code it was. Therefore we had different views for both.

Thank you all for your support!!!

Rodica

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

As mentioned in replies above ,it is always advisable and preferred to check the actual cost per line item report (CJI3)

check the WBS element ,and the document number against it

click on the document number you shall have positive and negative entries

positive entries shall be over to the account assignment such as asset or WBS element over to which values are settled

negative values shall be over to the initial account assignment. thus making and displaying the values as zero.

This way you can check the entire documents and the value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know that in CJI3 it is possible to view all cost as I desire. In CN41N we need to have the view with the actual cost on Project. I want to fix it in CN41N and I dont know how. After the CJEN and CJBN run, everything is zero on WBS level 3 and 4 where we have capitalization.

Can someone help please?

Thanks.

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My suggestion would be to please go for the custom report as CN41N is a structural report with overall view and does not display actual cost per line item which can be filtered and segregated

if  its CJI3 then you can filter it out through layouts .

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the same system, for another company code we see actual cost on level 3 and 4. I understood all the suggestions you gave. I am asking for help how to check the customize only in display view.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodica,

Then you can use report CN41 instead and view the actual cost on it:

Next, you can choose, Go to -> Line Items to see line item report of actual cost.

Let me know if you require any information on it.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Example 1:

Example 2:

2 examples on 2 differenct company codes, the same system, 2 different views. Why the actual cost are not shown in both of them the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodica,

In the CN41N output, click on Settings and check if you can see something called as "Aggregated" or "Non Aggregated".

Do this for both the examples you mentioned above. Let us know what you find.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both of them have Aggregated and I still have the same view.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

how it is possible to see the actual cost on project object after settlement. so we do settlement for actual cost could be store on it's receiver object.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

For us it is customized that we see actual cost in CN41N even if the settlement was processed. We have different company codes, for this company code maybe the settings are done not correctly because on the rest of them actual cost are shown.

In CJI3 we see all the cost including the settlement. Therefore we need to have the same on the Project in case, and if it is an error in customizing then at least it can be corrected easy

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How I can check that the actual cost are set to be shown or not?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CN41N and select Change Layout>Check actual cost on left column.

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

imagine just when you first time execute cns41 or other structure report then actual cost column or other column does not come automatically then you have to select field which you want to see in report set by layout setting. the you can see those fields as you expected.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is system standard behavior that the total/balance will be 0 after settlement. Because it generates the same -ve entry as your per actual. So the sum will be 0.

And if you want to see the total actual line item with exclude settlement, you can create your own custom layout and set a exclude there for business tranx/Document type of settlement line item.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodica,

Further to what Gokul has said, please check if any account assignment objects have been maintained in acset t-code. If anything is maintained over here, the system shall consume budget at the time of settlement.

Regards

Varun

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is std, system behavior. You have settled actual costs to another object from WBS and now the balance on WBS is 0 .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodica,

You should be in a position to find the actual costs in cns41 report even though the Project Actual cost line items report amounts to zero after the settlement is carried out.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodica,

Could you please check the CJI3 report and see if you are able to find the actual costs there?

I would also suggest you to go through the note below,

51971 - Hierarchy reports: Displaying actual costs after settlement

The note contains all the required information you need and possibly an explanation to the issue you are facing.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Gokul