cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users Export getting timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have two custom roles embedded within the Everyone group.

We are trying to export Users' List possessing those portal roles mentioned above.

It is ultimately throwing "Timed Out" error.

There existed UME inconsistencies which was repaired (log file attached). Then I tried to fetch the user list, it again threw error (screenshot attached).

Please let me know how to go ahead with the request.

Please let us know of any workaround available.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After a lot of UME settings check, I found that eight different LDAP servers are added in Identity Management configuration, two of which are throwing timed out error on ping.

This could be the original timed out issue.

But I need one information whether the unavailable LDAP server be bypassed and search moves to the next server. Please let me know.

And is it the only place where this server reference be removed to eradicate the timed out error.

Regards,Biswajit.

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you exporting user's with Standard User Administration -->Identity Management or is it a customized application.

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I am using the Identity Management.

Regards,

Biswajit

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since it is Standard application you can increase the DefaultExpirationTime parameters for webdynpro applications and check it. Please refer the below link

For EP 7.3

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/4c/2319ca35285791e10000000a15822b/frameset.htm

For EP 7.0

Configuring the Web Dynpro Runtime in the Visual Administrator - Developing, Configuring, and Adapti...

OR you can raise OSS message with SAP .  They can help you with this.

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

Do I need to restart the portal server for the changes to take effect.

Biswajit

former_member246153
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have done these changes in Visual administrator then no need to restart portal server.

Regards,

Srinivasan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Biswajit, if the data amount you wann export is very high, also the timeout will probably not help you. Also, remember to push it also on the dispatcher machines, if there are some.

From my own experience, there is no SAP standard tool to handle import or export of large user data. The approach I have seen from colleagues of my was quite simple: cluster it manually and import it on the same way. If you have to do that stuff offen a custom application for that would make sense, APC is not a good idea since as I mentioned you cant handle the stuff within one request, but a KM report would do it for you.

cheers

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try extending the session  in the portal and check if you are facing the same issue. This link might help in extending session.

4 ways to configure portal time-out parameter - Ameya's Blog

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.