cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create External document (URL) in SAP Personas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smart People!

To save some steps and incorporate a scanner I am working on creating buttons to "Attach Documents" in different areas such as MM03, FB03, and a few others where we have to keep a scanned in document attached to certain other Materials or Payables and such. All docs are scanned in and saved online and then we use the "create external document (url) menu option to link it where it is needed in SAP.

In one place it works just fine and in the others it is not working at all and custom button or even just following the already existing menu options it keeps giving me this error. I tried search on the SCN and Google and no such luck on this error. Anyone have any ideas? See pic below and also the text below is the separated error so you can see what it actually says.

[Unknown] ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/ctlcntITS/itsdoc

Thank you for any help you can give!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case this helps I am attaching a pic of the exact menu that I have not been able to make work in Personas. Any ideas? Once you click on it and add your Title and Address it will say attach successfull but the error in the above message is what it gives if you try to go look at it.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What Personas version, support package level is your system on? Also, what is the Silverlight client's patch level?

This seems to be similar to an old issue that has been fixed a long time ago... I remember having such a problem but if your environment is fairly recent, this shouldn't happen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

Thank you for your response. Does the below info answer your questions?

The Silverlight client patch level is the version of Silverlight that you’re using on your laptop/PC

Personas is running 2.0 (I don’t think the update patch has been applied)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

That screen shot is for the Silverlight browser plugin.

You can check your Personas version and patch level in System -> Status. Clicking on the magnifying glass in the SAP System Data box will list all the components of the ERP system. It will tell you what Personas version and SP is installed.

Something like this:

The above means Personas 2.0 SP2.

If you indeed happen to have Personas 2.0 with no support package (so SP level says 0000), then the first thing I'd recommend is to bring the system to the latest level, which would be like in the screen shot, and then trying again. There is a good chance the problem will be resolved.

If your system is completely up-to-date and it still gives you trouble, then create an OSS incident.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Huh! So what would it mean if I do not see PERSOS at all in my list? See pic below and let me know if I am in the wrong area.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, no... click on Status and then in the upcoming popup window on the magnifying glass like in my screen shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ha ha! Yep I did that and then clicked on the glass and got the big list and scrolled through it in it's slow fashion several times and I did not find PERSOS.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Weird... do you possibly have a main system / target system landscape? In that case, Personas wouldn't be installed on the target system but on the server you are logging on to in order to reach the target using Personas.

Then you should log on to the main system using the SAP GUI, and do the same thing like you did above. Personas must show up somewhere, otherwise it wouldn't work

If this is all confusing, ask your basis team to help out with this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I actually looked on the GUI as well just in case that is why I was missing it and I did not see it there either. It would still say PERSOS, correct?

Thank you for all of your help! I know this has been a crazy back and forth.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What I meant is not just looking using the GUI but on the system where Personas is actually installed.

As mentioned, there is a scenario when Personas is not installed on the system which is used via Personas but on a separate server (the main system).

That's why it's probably best to involve your basis team in this... if you don't see PERSOS listed in the component list, ask them what box is Personas actually installed on and look there for the version information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just so I know what to mention to them to look for, what are the latest versions for both that would have this issue fixed and I will pass that on to them.

Thank you for all of your help again! It is greatly appreciated!!!

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Version 2.0 support package 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for walking me through this! I will pass the info along!

Thank you again!

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

You can also find out the Personas version by clicking on "?" at bottom right corner of Personas editor in the browser to open help screen with version info on bottom left corner.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip. I think we need the update so I have passed on all info to our admin.

Thanks again for all of your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I know it has been a while, but our guys have updated our Personas

Completed.

Personas 2.0 SP02

and I am still getting this strange, jumbled error for "Create External Document (URL)".  Is there something we are missing? Is there something I need to do on my end to "switch over"? The background and all looks new, so I assume I am logging into a different version.

As always thank you so much for any help you can provide!

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Erin,

please follow Chinthan's advice and check the items described in his post:

If this doesn't help, open an OSS incident so the issue will get analyzed.

Also, I'd suggest to make sure all applicable notes according to the parent note 1964257 are applied to the system. Ask the basis team to keep an eye on this note and apply new patches that will be added to it when they are made available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

I am trying to configure transaction launcher to open SAP persona screen . Currently I have have configured transaction link to open a transaction via SAP persona screen . I am not able to pass a parameter to that transaction. Can you guide me how to pass parameters?

Thanks

Rav

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Take a look at this thread to see how to pass a value to a screen field while executing a flavor.

Your best bet is probably a script button instead of a transaction button for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your reply now I am able to pass the parameter in the URL which is getting populated when transaction is open. Is there a way to get the transaction automatically execution with the value populated by the URL?

Thanks

Rav

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you mean pressing a certain button or ENTER on the first screen of the transaction so that you script the first screen, then yes: in the above linked thread, the example contains pressing a function key on top of populating the screen fields.

If you want to run an entire transaction after specifying the selection screen values, then it's still possible to do this but it's a little more involved. In this case, you'd have to create a flavor for the transaction to be executed and add a script to the selection screen which takes care of running the entire transaction. This script would then be assigned to the OnCreateHandler event of the selection screen's User Area which will kick off the script once you start the transaction.

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Did you try passing the DYNP_OKCODE parameter in the URL?

Thanks

Chinthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chinthan,

Currently we are working with PERSOS 2 SP-Level-0003.

We have a requirement to call a FTP file(Shared local file) while clicking a Personas Launch button with Webpage option.

For example: we have a FTP file path '\\abc' and we entered this file url to the launch button for the webpage option. But during saving the Personas changes, the url will automatically changes to 'http://\\abc' from '\\abc' .And url 'http://\\abc' cannot be opened in the Browser.

Question:

Do we have any solution/option for opening an FTP file path from Personas screen or whether Personas screen can access only a HTTP or HTTPS file.

Could you please help us in this question.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Arshad Biju

chinthan_yajamaan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Arshad,

Currently only HTTP is supported. Please create a feature request on BC-PER-RT-SIL component and we will check and get back.

Thanks

Chinthan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update I tried the menu in GUI and it worked fine, but it was working fine a few days ago in personas and now it is not. Just want to give all the info so I can get a full answer. I would hate to have all of these forms attached to all of these areas and then have them disappear. It is going to be a lot of work.