cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network number not creating automatically

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to create automatic project creation from sales order.

Project is creating with the same number copying from Sales Order, but it is not picking a serial number for Network. While i make set up in CN08, i entered S-EXT, and the same appearing all the time, so now manually entering the Network number.

How can i set a serial number for Network and it pick up automatically every time when i create a project from SO..? Helpful hinds are highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi suresh

first create standard network cn01

maintain number range for standard network t code CNN1 maintain inter number range and external number range

assign the number range in t code OP8B Parameters for standard network

when assigning standard network to material cn08 don't enter any text select the standard network

this should resolve your issue

vijay

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

No Vijay... it does not working

I created a new number range and assigned to STD network. I created STD network as E-STD, so every time system pick this E-STD , i want to see the configured number range in that area.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hope you have gone through the post below,

If not, please do so and check if it solves your problem.

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

No, it doesn't solved the problem.

Can you tell me which portion of that config set up says about the automatic pick of numbers for Network...?? The routine says about the the number range for Project definition and it is working, not for NTW

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check in SPRO under PS->structures->Networks->Set up number range assignment for networks.

You will find the path to config number range for network in this way.

Thanks

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Saurabh, did you mean that by doing so, the assigned number range will pick up automatic, when you create a assembly network create through sales order...??

Your answer is correct, when we create the normal network directly.

The same way we can do for WBS as well...right.... Here in this senario, system picks the sales order number as the WBS number not the one mentioned in the number range.

So some routine make it work so, So i think there should be some std routine to pick the network number, i may missed it.

How ever i can try once.... Thanks

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

You are right. Can you please check whether number ranges are maintained fro std. network or not.

If not,then maintain it and check again.

Regards

Saurabh

former_member489399
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, i created a new number range and assigned to STD network. I created STD network as E-STD, so every time system pick this E-STD , i want to see the configured number range in that area.