cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Extract All KM Content?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I would like to seek your advice how I can extract all the KM content in a readable format, outside of any SAP application. The SAP application will be decommissioned, but the requirement is to preserve any discussions and files that have been uploaded by users into KM, for their future reference.

From my own research, I have only managed to find information on the ICE protocol, which can be used to perform a dump of all the data in KM, and then restored onto another server. However, this does not fit my requirements as content exported using ICE protocol will become XML files, and cannot be consumed in its original form (e.g. as plain text, or PDFs) until restored onto a SAP application server.

I have provided some screenshots of the data I'm talking about.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Kwong How

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kwong How,

for the documents you should have a look at the Portal Drive. Through that you can create a network share to your portal KM structure and see the folders and documents in them. This way you can just copy the parts, you need, to another network share.

But I have no idea, if and how you can get to the discussions content.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Thanks for your reply!

When you say "portal drive", do you mean to access the directories on the portal server drive (perhaps via Putty or FTP to the UNIX server)? Or are you referring to some virtual directory structure within the SAP Portal itself at the application level?

Could you point me to any resources or screenshots where I can learn more about the creation of network sharing to the KM structure?

For the discussion contents, I am guessing that they would be stored in some database table at the backend. Would you happen to have any idea what tables are used by KM? I was unable to find any results when searching for the info on Google.

Thanks so much for your help!

Best regards,

Kwong How

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kwong How,

nope, sorry. Still no idea about the discussions. We don't use those.

You install "Portal Drive" and there you'll maintain information about your portal system to create a network share for it. You should just search for "SAP Portal Drive" (here on SCN and google) to get all the information about that tool.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kwong, in fact it dont need to be portal drive its a simple webdav connection, working with many 3rd party clients.

The collaboration discussion stuff you are looking for is stored within the rooms in human readable format, Im too lazy to search, but if I remember properly from the last migration they are stored in the room content in appropriate directory. In fact you will find in the collaboration rooms directories the whole content you can also see in the rooms, I dont remember to have found any content I wanst able to read or write for collaboration rooms in KM, permissions is another story...

cheers