cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdownbykey issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have recently migrated our WDJ applications to 7.3 version. After the  migration, in one dropdownbykey (populated using a SimpleValueSelector), on clicking it a popup is opened instead of the dropdown list.

I need the dropdownlist back instead of the popup. It would be helpful if anyone can help me resolve this.

Thanks & Regards,

Anoop.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

daniel_ruiz2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think in 7.3 'default' the maximum number is something like 50.. perhaps, even less. As soon the SimpleType has more entries than that, it becomes a SimpleValueSelector.

In order to define your 'own number', you can:

- Open NWA (http://yourServer:yourPort/nwa);

- Tab 'Configuration', Sub-Menu 'Infrastructure', Item 'Application Modules';

- On the 'Module List' table, you can filter the module using name tc~wd~dispwda - should be just one;

- Select the module, on 'Web Module Details' select 'Web Dynpro Properties' tab;

- Select the property sheet named 'default';

- Search for a parameter named 'sap.valuesetlimit.maxondemand';

- Modify the value to whatever you want;

- Or, if it's not there, define a new parameter named 'sap.valuesetlimit.maxondemand' with value 500;

- Restart the JEE so your configuration will take effect;

Hope it helps,

D.

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the solution. I tried the same and restarted the server as well but still can see the Extended value selector only. I want my dropdown back, any suggestions?

Regards.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

what was the value you set (the one suggested by Daniel very correctly) ?

How many data is displayed via the dropdown , more than 500 ?

Regards

Ervin

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anoop ,

Can u please tell me after migration what is the ui element binded to that attribute for which you have implemented SVS  ?

Regards

Govardan Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Anoop,

The reason it is not showing a dropdown but an extended value selector with key values pair is because it is having more than 100 values.

A suggested solution would be to remove the keys and add only the values to the binded context attribute in the method populating it.please try and see.