cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom to choose the type of chart by end user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Is it possible in SAP Business Objects Dashboards 4.1 to provide end user the freedom to choose the type of chart to display a set of data?

For example, I have a universe which contains employee data. It contains the dimensions Employee Id, Employee Name, Contact number, Date of joining, Salary and measures Total number of employees , tax returns.

I have to create  a chart which displays number of employees according to salary range.

Now, can I give the end users freedom so that they can view the data in pie chart, bar graph, area chart or line chart according to their preference?

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Nalin Dwivedi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think we can using combo box or list box and dynamic visibility options.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dynamic visibility options with selectors is definitely an option but the process is very lengthy and time consuming. For example, if I want user to select from pie chart, column chart, area chart, line chart and bubble chart, I would have to configure every one of these charts individually.

I was just wondering if there is any direct option to include a selector which can manipulate the chart type also. If that kind of functionality is not present, then I would have to go with dynamic visibility options.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Off-course but you need to create all those charts and map them with valid data, give provision to the user using combo box, radio button or any comfortable selector to choose the chart type in the background use the dynamic visibility to change the appearance of the charts.

Kindly revert for any assistance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather than creating all the charts, is there a selector by which we can manipulate the chart type also?

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what you are asking is to turn the charts format on the fly, but that is not possible here. Each and individual objects used has to be mapped with the data so no option as of now .

If you don't want to go with selector use the tab component and name the tabs with the chart type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its ok. I can always use selectors or tabs.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Regards,

Nalin