cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration utility in BPC 10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are using BPC 7.5 M sp04 and are planning to upgrade to BPC 10.0, I have gone through migration guide and it says that we need to migrate the environment (with Server Manager- Migrate Environment) after restoring 7.5 backup on 10.0.

My question is whether the Reports/Templates build in 7.5 EVDRE will also be migrated as part of this migration utility run or we need to run some other migration/process for that.

Please Advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

you can still use evdre reports in BPC 10, there is a separate migration tool that you can find under MORE on the EPM tab.

That tool does not however migrate an EVDRE report to a report that uses the new report editor in the EPM add-in. If you want to use the full capabilites of the EPM add-in you will need to re-create the reports.

BR,
Arnold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for your reply, you mean we can use 7.5 EVDRE reports in 10.0 without any issue?

With your statement "That tool does not however migrate an EVDRE report to a report that uses the new report editor in the EPM add-in" did you mean that EVDRE report will not be migrated to native 10.0 EPM Addin report with this tool, then what this tool is user for?

Thanks in Advance..

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

you can use evdre reports in BPC 10, but as far as I know not all of the ev* functions still work. I have never done more than run a few simple tests, so I couldn't say how many and what types of issues there are.

As far as I know, you need the migration tool to replace thos ev* functions that no longer work in BPC 10 with values. If you do not use the tool, some reports might not work at all. And yes, the tool does not convert evdre reports to the native BPC 10 EPM add-in report format.

I have done a couple of migrations and so far we have always re-created input schedules and reports rather than migrate, simply to be able to use the added functionality in the EPM add-in.

BR,
Arnold

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

evdre functions continue to work but most of the other ev function doesn't work, you can leave it as evdre or migrating it in epm add-in as per in the upgrade guide (p. 17), but see also this note

1888246 - BPC10 : none of EV Functions are not recognized by EPM Add-In

The ev funtions have the equivalent epm functions in 10, see please EPM 10.0 Functions VS EVDRE 7.X Functions in BPC 10.0

Regards

Roberto