Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASEOLEDB 30012 Disconnect

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

(Ryan & Dawn),

What are possible solutions to:

ASEOLEDB 30012 Disconnect between a PC Client and a unix machine?

Cory

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I thank everyone for the information...

The event only occurred once
and there was no relevant information in the server error log.

I'm going to move on from this problem for now until it re-appears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cory,

Under what circumstances are you receiving the error.  Meaning, are you using a Microsoft Linked Server?  Is the disconnect from an application?  What version of the OLEDB driver are you using?
The 30012 Disconnect is a pretty generic error message so it doesn't give us much information to work with.
I think that you should setup Protocol Capture in order to get a clearer picture of what is happening.

You can place this in your connection string and give it a filename that is converted using Ribo.

TDS protocol capture

The ProtocolCapture connection string can be used to captureTabular Data Stream™ (TDS) packets exchanged between an OLE DB application and the Server for debugging purposes. This property is enabled by specifying the capture file prefix.

ProtocolCapture takes effect immediately, so that (TDS) packets exchanged during connection establishment are written to a unique filename generated using the specified file prefix. (TDS) packets are written to the file for the duration of the connection. Use Ribo and other protocol translation tools to interpret the (TDS) capture files.

For example, ProtocolCapture="cap" results in the first connection generating cap0.tds, the second connection generates capt1.tds, and so forth.

NoteCaptured TDS protocoldata saved to a file contains sensitive user authentication information and may contain confidential company or customer data. To protect this confidential data from unauthorized or accidental disclosure, the files containing captured data must be properly protected using file permissions or encryption.

Thank you,

Kevin

ryan_hansen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Cory,

Does this happen every time you try to connect?

Ribo is probably the best way to go if so.

You can see if a connection is even being attempted and where this is being killed.

The MDA scripts are alway a big key as well. They can cause wierd problems to occur if they are not up-to-date.

Use sp_version to see what is installed on the ASE.

Possibilities:

1. host resolution, does IP address work?

2. are there enough user connections? (check ase log)

3. any security setup? is this client connecting to the correct port.

4. Does isql work from the same host? Maybe this isn't specific to OLEDB.

5. Any new firewalls or extra steps to ASE?

If you are still having issues, please send us more information on what is going on.

If possible I wouldn't use OLEDB any longer.

This has been EOL and is not apart of SDK 16.x.

Regards,

Ryan

dawn_kim
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cory,

Usually 30012 is when you can't make a connection. Make sure you are calling the correct box/ipaddress and port.  I would double check the ASE log and make sure there isn't blocking going on or if you hit max users on the ASE.

What version of the oledb driver?

Are the ASE oledb MDA scripts updated? (sp_version)

What version of ASE are you trying to connect to? (select @@version)

Thanks,
Dawn