cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Customs Declaration with CUS_INBOUND message

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are attempting to update a Customs Declaration with a CUS_INBOUND message.  We can successfully update the ITN number from the header but cannot update anything from the lower level segments such as container #, seal #, BOL #, dates, etc.  These values are in the HDOC and TRAR segments. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks very much, Dave!

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're welcome - don't mention it (just click on the appropriate button ).

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are feeding in a /sapsll/ccecus02 IDoc message type cus_inbound.  I do not see a field called EMESS defined for the IDoc structure.

The /SAPSLL/E2CCEHD_CNTRL has a CUMES field.  I have 'CSFR' there, but I do not know what this means.  Is there a list of valid message types for this field?

There is also a MSGFN field where I have 'AES'.

One value that we want to bring in is container number.  That is in /SAPSLL/E2CCEHDO HDOC where QALDOC=HDOC and PAPTY=IBCNT.

Where is this "Document Update" flag?

Thanks!

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patty,

Field CUMES in the iDoc holds the Technical Message Type.  The corresponding field in GTS is EMESS, and table /SAPSLL/TLEACM holds the Message definitions.  If you have 'CSFR' in the CUMES field, then we're probably talking about the I1560 Message Type - the US "Commodity Shipment Filing response".  Does that sound right?

Provided the "Document Update" flag is set in that /SAPSLL/TLEACM entry, Form US_CSFR_DATA_MAP should run in program /SAPSLL/LCUHD_PPF_INTACTF12 during the iDoc processing.  But as you can see, only the LEGCOM entry gets created there - there is no code to deal with the Container Number.

If you think that's a serious omission, then perhaps you need to create an OSS incident?

Regards,

Dave

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patty,

Your question is perhaps a bit vague.  Which Message Type are you feeding into the system?

The standard coding generally updates the Customs Reference number (e.g. Registration Number or MRN) but specific routines are called depending on the Message Type (field EMESS) to update data in other segments.  Those lower-level updates are also dependent on the "Document Update" flag in the Message definition.

Regards,
Dave