Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB lookup - is there a way ?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a simple requirement and I'd like to use brfplus for that if possible

- Table in ABAP with 100k entries (legacy material number and customer material number) 

- I'd like to create a call to BRFplus which would take all lines of a document (all legacy material numbers) and get customer materials numbers

- I can do a call within the loop and execute the DB lookup expression one by one but from obvious reasons this is crazy but is there any other way ?

or maybe this requirement is not possible to implement within BRFPlus without doing any ABAP coding ?

Thank you,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

this scenario as you describe it, is not possible with a standard BRF+ expression.

The only suitable expression would be the DB lookup expression but as you already mentioned you can not specify the WHERE clause in the way you need it for your selection. A loop is certainly not the best choice.

So for this case you would need ABAP coding to fetch the data and use a procedure call expression to access the coding (which would from my point of view obsolete the BRF+ usage except that your use case has further aspects that you did not mention here)

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian / Michal

ihave read the blogs about value mapping using BRF ( instead of Value mapping in PI ) yet could not find an answer for a "technical mapping scenario" - today we are using a DB lookup since we have rather small tables

our scenario :

we have few ERP systems in our landscape each of them has it's own company code codes.

today we have a DB table with mapping of the codes

oracle  sap    legacy  Oracle ERP2

100     1000    450      320

150     1150    210       425

we are looking for a way to store those "mapping" tables in BRF/BRM so users will be able to change them W/O the need to change them in ECC./ PI  but directly in BRF/BRM.

as far as i understand by using decision table  we will be able to select onfly from one "direction"

means we will need to multiply the table rows to represent all the "from system" to System combinations. or am i missing something and there is another option in BRF/BRM to manage this type of relations.

thanks in advance for your inputs

Avi L.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the update - I cannot believe this is true but it seems BRFPlus is not suitable

for doing mapping lookups - what  can we do - go back to the good, old ABAP  

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

0 Kudos

Hi Avi,

yes you are right. The decision table consist of the condition columns and result columns. If all condition columns evaluate to true the result column is returned. There are some further options like multiple match mode to enforce the evaluation of the complete table and return all matches.

So you do not have an out-of-the-box option to rearrange the condition tables and exchange them with the result tables which would be your use case. So the multiplication would be one option (with the consequent issue that you have to update 4 rows if a change happens in your scenario)

Currently I do not have a clever idea how to model the mapping in a more comfortable way

BR

Christian 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer

Answers (0)