cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+ derivation rule is not working on UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a BRF+ derivation rule, the rule is working in BRF enginee ( i tested throught simulation) however the value doesn't appear on UI when I perform create material CR.

Pls advise.

best Regards

Suresh Ravilla

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you post a screen shot of the rule you defined? You need to make sure that the function name is all in upper case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

I have followed the naming convention (DERIVE_ENTITY) however this is not getting refelected when i execute the Material creation scenario on UI.

rule is successful in simulation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you define the function interface? Can you post a screenshot of that?

One thing you can do is add a rule that calls a method or a function module that forces a short dump (MESSAGE X).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abdullah,

May i know where we can define "Function Interface" , do you mean DERIVE_MATERIAL ?

This is single entiy only.

Regards

Suresh Ravilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have defined DERIVE_MATERIAL which you can see in the preivous sceen shot that i sent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The screenshot above is for the ruleset. I am looking for the BRF+ function signature; something like:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Abdullah, i have created the DERIVE_MATERIAL BRF function ...here is the screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks OK. You can debug this method to try to identify the reason: CL_USMD_RULE_SERVICE=>IF_USMD_RULE_SERVICE~DERIVE_ENTITY.

As I mentioned earlier, you might want to insert a rule that throws a "MESSAGE X" to know for sure whether the BRF+ function was called or not. Keep in mind, the function might have been called but the value got reset by another piece of code (maybe the cross-entity BAdI, etc.).

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We have impleemented the following OSS notes and it has resolved the issue.

1.     1884775 - BRF+ and BAdI derivations are not performed
Pre-Requisites Notes:
b) 1902154  - Applicable Version - SAPK-73206INMDGFND (DRB 210 Version -
SAPK-73205INMDGFND)

2.     1966230 -  BRF+ derivations cause amount and currency fields tobe cleared in UI Applicable Version SAPK-73208INMDGFND

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for updating this thread.