cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate a popup in Feeder classes?

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where on enter of field location,i need following confirmation message and if user presses OK then all fields will be read only.

e.g. following type of popup

On press of Ok.need to make all fields read only.Please explain with steps.

Thanks,

Vimal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

I checked EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3 component configuration and found that such confirmation pop-up is shown in case if if_ehhss_ui_inc_constants_c=>gc_evt_set_closed_root event is triggered. Try to trigger such event on enter of field location.

It looks like that you must add as parameter (/bofu/if_fbi_runtime_c=>sc_application_parameters-key) of this event root key of processing BO.

Kind regards, Aliaksandr.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

I need not to trigger same popup rather i want to create my own popup with own text.

So my question i want to create a popup on enter of Location field , How can i create a custom popup for exanple above picture.

let me  know if i am not clear.

Thanks,

Vimal

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

It's quite simple. Trigger your own event in feeder class of component configuration with Location field on enter button or assign your own event to Location field in component configuration (in this case event will be triggered automatically on enter button). On the second step catch and process this event in IWCI_IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER~AFTER_NEEDS_CONFIRMATION method of application configuration class. If we talk about EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3 component configuration the application configuration class is CL_EHHSS_INC_OIF_CNTRLR_NEW. In standard realization of IWCI_IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER~AFTER_NEEDS_CONFIRMATION method you can find example how to call confirmation pop-up.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thanks for the help. I will try in App. Config Class.

Also ,Could you please explain steps to find Application configuaration class.? I followed following path :

General Settings->Floorplan Settings->Application Controller Settings

but i could find follwoing details :

Web Dynpro Component/Class:  /BOFU/WDC_FBI_CONTROLLER

Configuration Name:  EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3_APPCC

Thanks,

Vimal Sharma

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Just open EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3_APPCC component configuration (e.g. via SE80).

In highlight position you find application controller class.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thanks for help. Found the App. class.

There is one more thing i want to be clear about .

The popup which we need is during Incident display screen not at Incident creation screen.

But in my case i could not diffrentiate between Incident display screen and Incident creation screen because feeder class called is same and it triggers popup for Incident creation too.

So how to distinguish between incident creation screen and Incident Display/Change screen.So that my popup should only come for Display/Change screen.

Thanks,

Vimal.

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Try to use /BOFU/IF_FBI_CONTROLLER~MV_CHANGE_MODE parameter in application configuration class.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

tried using MV_CHANGE_MODE parameter but for both the cases(Report Incident - Simplifed and Update/Display Incident) it remains same 'U'.

Any other option?

Thanks,

Vimal

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

What does it mean "Report Incident - Simplifed"? Do you work with different applications?

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Yes,working is different but i think screens are same.

i) We can update created Incidents from here :

ii) We can create new incidents from following screen :

Report Incident -Simplified

While opening screen for Report incident i do get the CHANGE_MODE variable as 'C' but gradually it becomes 'U' while opening the page and stays as 'U' only ,thus making no differnce in two screens.

Let me know of any more clarifications.

Thanks,

Vimal

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

I think it's different applications (and OIF component configurations). Could you check it? I can not do it by myself because I don't have enough rights.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Yes these are two different applications . But still CHANGE_MODE gets same.

No problem,i have created popup onAfter_confrimation of AppCC class.

Can we catch these events which raised as 'Yes' or 'No'. ?

I am raising popup with code as other popups are getting generated and not sure whether it will raise a event .

Please share your views.

Thanks,

Vimal

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

About CHANGE_MODE: as I understood you want to call pop-up in one application and don't show it in another. Am I right? If yes, share please both application configurations ids.

About Yes and No: in case if you press No in confirmation pop-up the raising event will be terminated in opposite case you can catch and process this event in PROCESS_EVENT method of any feeder class or in IWCI_IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER~AFTER_PROCESS_EVENT method of application controller class.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

About Change_Mode : Two configurations are as follows

Comp. Config 1 : EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_BINF_V_FRM - Popup required.

Comp. Config 2 : EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF_BINF_FRM    - Popup not required.

About Yes and No : In case of 'No',Suppose if i wish to execute some code and on press of 'Yes' i want to excute some other code. How can i do it ?

Thanks,

Vimal

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Change mode: you sent me FPM component configurations for FORM. I expected to get FPM configuration for OIF. Maybe I have misunderstanding what you are trying to do. Could you repeat what you want to do and where is you have problems (based on that you have already done)?

Yes and No: For 'No' case you can try to use IWCI_IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER~BEFORE_AFTER_FAILED_EVENT or IWCI_IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER~AFTER_AFTER_FAILED_EVENT methods of applicaton controller class.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Following are the FPM Configuarations for OIF :

Comp. Config 1 : EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3 - Popup needed

In this configuaration Change mode is always 'U'.

Comp. Config 2 : EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF

In this configuaration, Initially Change_mode is C but gradually it becomes 'U'.So at the end it remains 'U' .

That is why not able to distinguish between two applications.

Thanks,

Vimal

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

Just to clarify. You have two applications. Both of them use the same FPM component configuration for FORM (which one? please share id) with location field. In the feeder class of this component configuration you raised event which is processed in application configuration class and it calls confirmation pop-up. You want to call pop-up only in one application but can not differentiate between applications. Am I right?

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thanks for reply.

I have one application where i want to raise popup.Details are as follows :

Comp. Config 1 : EHHSS_INC_REC_OIF_V3

Form Config      : EHHS_INC_REC_OIF_BINF_FRM

I have raised popup in above application,but it also triggers in other application which is

Comp. Config 2 : EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF

Form Config     :   EHHSS_INC_REC_QAF_BINF_FRM

So i don't want popup to come in  Comp. Config 2.Change_Mode is 'U' in both the applications.

Form Configuarations are diffrent but i think the method in  Feeder class is called for both the applications.

I am writing code in NEEDS_CONFIRMATION of  feeder class for 1st Comp. Configuaration.

Thanks,

Vimal

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

I tried code in class CL_EHHSS_INC_OIF_CNTRLR_NEW-> method IWCI_IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER~AFTER_NEEDS_CONFIRMATION

It works fine but the same field is available in different tab,So if user pressed enter on location field on other tab,then also popup triggers.

Can't we check the form configuaration to trigger popup,so that popup triggers for same config.

Thanks,

Vimal

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

To separate one component configuration from another try to use IF_FPM_GUIBB~MS_PARAMETER_RENDER parameter in the feeder class. It helps you to take decision: trigger event or not.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aliaksandr,

Thanks.

One last question.

I want to generate popup only when there is change in location.So how can i check my location change at following point :

CL_EHHSS_INC_OIF_CNTRLR_NEW-> method IWCI_IF_FPM_APP_CONTROLLER~AFTER_NEEDS_CONFIRMATION

Thanks,

Vimal

Aliaksandr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

It's unsuitable place for such checks. I recommend you to use IF_FPM_GUIBB_FORM~FLUSH method of feeder class for this (use IT_CHANGE_LOG parameter).

Answers (0)