Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio & Video files

former_member217085
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am trying to insert an audio Mp3 on my Xcelsius 2008 canvas, so anyone clicking on the component will hear the audio. Is this possible?

How about inserting videos?

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member217085
Participant
0 Kudos

I found a workaround, but still would like to know if there is a straightforward option on Xcelsius 2008.

Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You'll have to create an SWF (Flash) player using Adobe Flex Builder that can play the audio/video. Then you'll have to use the SWF Loader component in Xcelsius canvas to embed this player. If you do not want to go with Adobe Flex Builder to create a player, you can look for any softwares that can provide you the directly functionality to create an SWF player that can play audio / video.

There are no component provided within Xcelsius that can display videos. Please check out this link as well: Inspiration » Sound enabled SAP Dashboard model

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Niraj

former_member217085
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Niraj!

I wouldn't know how to do it using....Adobe Flex Builder I will try the link you sent me.

I will tell you the workaround I found. I put the audio file on my dropbox, put a URL Button component on my canvas, where I inserted the link to the dropbox. And it worked!!!

There is one problem though: When I exported it to Power Point, when clicking on the URL button, Adobe asks to set the authorization on the Global Security Settings panel. I did, but it does not work, asking me to do it over and over again. The URL I put to take visitors to my website which works perfectly in Xcelsius preview mode, also does not work on Power Point and iI get the same message.

Now I have another problem with exporting projects to Power Point, which I describe on another thread....This is really getting into my nerves..