Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business Objects Explorer on top of SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My Requirement:

-  Use BO Explorer on top of SAP BW ( no HANA, no BIA ). This is to provide the users a set of related data and they can analyse the way they want.

Question-1:

- What should be the BW data volume that I should keep in mind for BO Explorer to have good performance. My concern is primarily because we don't use BIA or HANA.

Question-2:

- Can BO Explorer directly connect to a BW Infocube/Multiprovider or it has to connect only through Universes

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

josef_knzli
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha

For question 2, I believe this here can help you out:

For question 1: My experience is that BO Explorer is quite performant. We have a relatively small BO system (2CPU cores, 12GB RAM). Indexing a dataset of 500k rows with 20 characteristics and 25 keyfigures takes around 4 minutes.

regards

Josef

former_member199945
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I will suggest you Go for SAP Business Objects Analysis, edition for Microsoft Office,ity can connect bex query directly & Bw/Infocubes also.

Regarding Performance we can do In BI Itself depends on Business needs,: modelling , extraction, reporting 3 levels in BI .

For more info : Refer Below :

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

i cannot answer your Question number 1 but performance has always something to do with the report design and the Universe Design. Maybe you want to check the following Note about Best PRactices for Universe Design.

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2015044

With regards to your second Quetion, you need a Universe.

Regards

-Seb.