cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger a query when cell value changes - not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i want to trigger a query when value in excel cell changes. i have activated refresh on trigger property of query (when value changes) for a cell and that cell is getting dynamic value when i click on toggle button. But still i am not getting any output. I have also deactivated "refresh when components are loaded". What else should i do?

please help...

thanks,

rajwinder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajwinder,

You can go to File--->document properties---->Show loading status(Check this check box).

This will cause the dashboard to follow a diffrent workflow to load itself.

Let me know if this works.

Regards,

Amit

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which type of connection are you using ? Did you check the values are actually getting changed or not by the toggle button ? Use a spreadsheet table component to check the cell value change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am connecting to BEx query through query browser. I have checked the cell value as well, it is getting changed when I click on toggle button.

Thanks,

Rajwinder

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I hope the values are not passing to the trigger to cell exactly, please take a snapshot of your data and check what values are passing behind the screen. Check whether the Bex query accept the Key or Text, to identify this check it in the preview tab using filter values and manually pass the value.

--SumanT