Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADT: Web Dynpro view/window error "Failed to create the part's controls"

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all

Most of the things in my ADT work fine (e.g. programs, structures, domains), even the Web Dynpro Componentcontroller can be edited.

However, with Web Dynpro view and window I get this error message: "Failed to create the part's controls".

In SAP GUI everything works fine.

Why could this happen and what can I do?

My system details:

The Java error log in Eclipse is quite long. It starts with:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No enum constant com.sap.adt.wda.controller.semanticfs.common.ControllerFileServices.ControllerObjectTypeEnum.WDYNWZ

at com.sap.adt.tools.core.ui.editors.AdtFormEditor.addPages(AdtFormEditor.java:222)

at org.eclipse.ui.forms.editor.FormEditor.createPages(FormEditor.java:138)

at com.sap.adt.tools.core.ui.editors.AdtFormEditor.createPages(AdtFormEditor.java:1251)

at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:362)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.createPartControl(CompatibilityPart.java:140)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityEditor.createPartControl(CompatibilityEditor.java:99)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:321)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor45.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

As it is not popular to post long logs unnecessarily, I will skip the rest of it for the moment - let me know if it could help and I will post it.

Thanks for help!

KR,

Igor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

This issue is fixed in 7.40 SP 05 and 06 hot fix systems. Please apply

the note no : 2045771

Regards,

Ponraj

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ponraj!

Unfortunately, I can't test it now, as I must ask the client's basis to upload the note first. I'll try not to forget to assign "correct answer" later. 🙂 I don't know does it matter, but when I try to see the note, I get "Document is not released" message.

KR,

Igor

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ponraj,

The note "2045771 - Location not accessible/missing" seems to be on My Travel and Expenses module. Are you sure that this one addresses my problem?

Thanks!

KR,

Igor

former_member201346
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It's just a missing number. The correct note number is 2045571.

Regards, Felix

former_member259056
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have the same Problem with SAP_BASIS 7.40 SP 07 and using a customer namespace "/<namespace>/...".

But the Note 2045571 is only valid for SP05 and 06 allthough the issue is not corrected in SP07 - the code line that it fixes is the same in SP07:

Class CL_ADT_WDY_URI_MAPPING, Method IF_ADT_MAP_TO_OBJREF~MAP_WB_REQUEST:

"lv_controller_key-component_name = lv_comp_name." (escaped component name) and not the correction "lv_controller_key-component_name = lv_component_name_ue." (unescaped component name).

But as the note is not assigned to SP07, I cannot implement it...

0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

By any chance,Is it somehow possible to upgrade to SP08?

Regards,

Ponraj

former_member259056
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ponraj,

Thanks for the hint - I will have to wait to get SP09, which should finally include the correction (from what the Note 2045571 says). So I am looking forward to it and will update the result in this thread.

Regards

Jochen

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

I finally tested it and yes - it works!

Thanks, guys!

Igor

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,
trying too to use Abap4Eclipse to work on a fresh, brand new SRM7.03 system. Got the same problem when dealing with a WD component. System release is SP07, unfortunately note 2045571 seems not released in service.sap.com.

I tried also to download the note from SNOTE transaction but again, the note hasn't been released.

Any idea/workaround?

Thanks,

M.

0 Kudos

Hi M,

This SNOTE transaction is in the process of extending the support to SP08 also.Thats why its blocked and not yet released to customers. Will soon be released.

Thanks & Regards,

Ponraj

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ponraj,

thanks for the info. Is there any ETA for such release?

0 Kudos

Hi M,

Mostly by the end of this week.

Regards,

Ponraj

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ponraj,

as per today, tuesday, note 2045571 results still not released. Is there any problem with the planned release?
Is it possible for you, just to check if the solution meets the issue we're facing, to post the corrections stated in that note?

Thanks again,

M.

0 Kudos

Hi M,

The note has been released. You can apply it now. Let me know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Ponraj

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ponraj,

note applied without any problem.
I'm still facing some difficulties accessing a WD component, maybe you could suggest me how to solve/proceed:

• in Eclipse Luna, I can access now a WD but "Layout" tab doesn't work - HTTP 403 Forbidden - Service cannot be reached. I guess it's a missing configuration, could you help me out on this?

EDIT: This one is solved; I just missed to activate a service in SICF (WDY_AIE_VD_PREVIEW).
That Eclipse module however seems not to be very stable; I tried to open a standard SRM WD view (wd component /SAPSRM/WDC_DO_SOCO_GAF_1, view V_AO_SOCO_GAF_1) and that resulted in the message:

"

500 SAP Internal Server Error

ERROR: Conversion of type C LENGTH 255 to type TABLE OF DEEP_STRUCTURE not supported. (termination: RABAX_STATE)"

• is there a way, from the Methods tab, to access directly to a particular method's implementation? The only way I found is going manually under the IMPLEMENTATION tab and CTRL+F with the method's name.
  • is there any way to access to a particular enhancement made on the WD? Using SapGUI, there's a special "vortex" button to switch on a specific enhancement, but under Eclipse I can't find the alternative command.

I know we're getting a bit OT with respect to the topic, anyway if there's a guide that could help clarifying my doubts please, share that documentation

BR,

M.

0 Kudos

Hi M,

• in Eclipse Luna, I can access now a WD but "Layout" tab doesn't work - HTTP 403 Forbidden - Service cannot be reached. I guess it's a missing configuration, could you help me out on this?

Please refer this guide for the configuration:  http://help.sap.com/download/netweaver/adt/SAP_ADT_Configuration_Guide_Backend_en.pdf

• is there a way, from the Methods tab, to access directly to a particular method's implementation? The only way I found is going manually under the IMPLEMENTATION tab and CTRL+F with the method's name.

Yes, You can use F3 to navigate to it.

• is there any way to access to a particular enhancement made on the WD? Using SapGUI, there's a special "vortex" button to switch on a specific enhancement, but under Eclipse I can't find the alternative command.

No, this feature is not supported by AiE.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Can you tell me which SP you are on ?I am providing the fix now. Its a backend issue. Not a client issue.

Regards

Ponraj

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ponraj,

I am on NWAS 7.40 SP5.

Thanks!
KR,

Igor

0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

I fixed a similar issue(it throws same exception) in which the component name has slashes in it. Can you give me the component name and the view name in which you are facing the issue?

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Ponraj,

You are right!

That is, your question triggered an idea to try with differently named WDCs. So everything works fine with Z* components, but not with those in custom namespace, for example: /CUST_NAMESPACE/WD_COMP.

Thanks!

Igor

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Igor,

before you should try to use Eclpse Kepler as that would match the AiE Release.

Best reards

Gregor

former_member185943
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, guys,

Thanks for your inputs!

I tried with:

Eclipse Standard/SDK

Version: Kepler Service Release 2

Build id: 20140224-0627

...and got the same result.

As for OSS, I need to ask the client for permission.

Thanks!

KR,

Igor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Igor,

Can you please create an OSS ticket with support.zip ( necessary information which will have complete log ) so that it will be easy for us to understand the issue and fix the same.

Thanks,

Vijayan B.