Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple web dynpro components in single web dynpro component

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have one main component, in which I have made component usages of 3 components...

After applying "fields authentication" to my service in SICF, whenever I load that main component,

it asks me around 3-4 times for login credentials. Instead, I want it to ask only once for login..

Regards,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

i tried the logout approach again with a component reuse.

1) standard component for alv: SALV_WD_TABLE

2) custom component with a simple view interface.

I am still prompted with only once the login prompt, i assume there are some server settings which is infuencing this(unfortunately that is very system specific).

What i can tell you is with the icf logon procedure change and (exit plug java script) it works fine .

for ssl communication(https), i realize it works also for standard logon procedures(i.e without icf node change).

Regards,

Tashi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tashi & Katrice,

Finally, I found a solution to the issue after striving through all the time. The core pain to the problem was custom CSS that I applied to the web dynpro application using the code, altering the URL. That causes web dynpro application to reload several times.

As a part of solution, I, then assigned CSS, to application by maintaining a parameter on application level at design time.

Thanks for your prompt support.

Thanks & Regards,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

What you do mean by "Fields Authentication"?..Can you be little brief regarding your requirement.

Thanks

KH

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually I am referring to this recent post http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56562#comment-507221

With the help of this, I am able to achieve the log off functionality. But as I mentioned, when I configure the service of application of main web dynpro component in SICF, using "FIELDS AUTHENTICATION", under alternative logon procedure, as shown in this referred document, it is asking me to login thrice or so.

Note that the service which I am configuring in SICF, is of web dynpro component having component usages..I think that is triggering login screen more than once if I use fields authentication.

Regards,

Harsh

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos
former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

I have used standard ALV and Select option component in my document's test program, i wasnt prompted the login screen more than once. so i am not sure what may be going wrong

I am using IE version 9 and Basis version 7.3.

Please post your findings once you solve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Tashi

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Tashi,

You have created a single component and hence there is a single service, respectively in SICF.

Can you guide me on the scenario where multiple web dynpro components are used in one single component? In such case, service for web dynpro application will be single for the one which is main component. So for this particular service I have changed the logon to ALTERNATIVE LOGON PROCEDURE. Thus, whenever I run this service in browser, it prompts me for login multiple times, which should not be the case.

I would like if you throw some light on the behaviour of logon if multiple web dynpro components are involved.

Regards,

Harsh

former_member193460
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harsh,

i have used standard component SALV_WD_TABLE and WDR_SELECT_OPTIONS in my component(so effectively, it uses multiple component).

However, i will check this issue once i get my hands on the system.

Regards,

Tashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I follow the link as you provided above in my component but inside my component, I have made component usage of another three sub component. Consider the scenario like I have one dashboard and in dashboard I have make usage of multiple component. The suggestion that you provide, I applied to main dashboard. when I am trying to execute dashboard, it will ask login popup multiple times for application that's the issue.

There is no single code additionally written in the above(code) for asking multiple time log in.

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3586582

@Katrice : That's not an answer. That issue we are currently facing. Harsh is trying to ask solution in way that you provided link and I ask the question can we achieve it by deleting cookie in firefox and chrome??

Harsh9
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tashi,

Yes, I understand what you're trying to convey.

See, I tried one thing, changing logon procedure back to "Standard". Now, it is asking only once for logging into my web dynpro application.

Still I want to discuss few things..Can you give me your contact details? harsh.bhatt2791@gmail.com

Regards,

Harsh