cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM transaction number issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have maintained service request number range  10000000 to 19999999. However, when I create two requests continuously, the transaction number  is assigned 100000007 and 10000009, skip the number 10000008. Nobody use the system at the same time and I can't find the request 10000008 in the system as well. Have anyone else meet the same case?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Bryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Siraj_Saibudeen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Linghua,

This is due to the SAP standard buffering issue. The numbers will not be sequential by standard for system performance issues.

Please check the below WIKI for more details on the same.

Number Ranges and the seqeunce of Transaction ID's assigned to documents - CRM - SCN Wiki

Thanks,

Siraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bryan,

If nothing works, asks your ABAP team to debug. Put a breakpoint in FM - NUMBER_GET_NEXT. This is the FM that returns a number for your transaction. See whether control comes here twice, or whether at one go it is giving you two numbers. Then you can backtrack and probably reach a cause. Also check whether this FM is called during update task.

Cheers

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Other possiblity could be if same number range is assigned to other objects.

Regards

naresh

former_member193634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case of missing number, a few possibilities :

• A service request was created but not saved, as previously mentionned by . Check for any dump, update error, .... Once a number is assigned, if I remember correctly, it can not be unassigned, even if the object is not actually saved
  • Check your number range, maybe some buffering issue

Best regards,

Sylvain

0 Kudos

Check the document flow. If you create a service request from the IC scenario, there could be an interaction log as a preceding document.
As Thomas Wagner mentioned, check the table CRMD_ORDERADM_H to find the lost transaction. Or maybe it's not saved correctly because required values are missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bryan,

Strange. You checked in table CRMD_ORDERADM_H?

Best regards,

Thomas Wagner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Wagner,

I've checked the table CRMD_ORDERADN_H, it's strange that there is no record about the lost request number. Could you give me more advice?

Regards,

Bryan