Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to upload document in RMS

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a situation which is affecting the uploading of documents in production environment.

I have added new folders to an already existing Model Structure. Since there was some inconsistency in development server, I have added the new folders in Sandbox which is a copy of the production system.

After adding new folders, I have created a new version in Sandbox. After that users are not able to upload documents in production system. But I am able to upload the documents in Sandbox.

Please find below the error that we are getting in production system while uploading documents.

Also in sandbox in the Organizer we are not able see the POID Directory ID for the Document and Model. Please find the screen shot below.

Kindly help me in sorting out this issue. I will be very grateful to you if you can give me a solution for this since it is affecting the production environment.

Regards,

Nishad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muhammed,

System says that model is not found on server. Are your sandbox and production record model content model linked to same external content respository?

If so then please change this immediately.

Please transport the record model again to production and retry.

Best Regards,

Pragya

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pragya,

The sandbox is the copy of the production system(refreshed some time back). Sandbox and Production system is linked to the same repository.

We haven't transported the Record Model to production till now. We have added new folders only in the sandbox which made some inconsistency in the production.(we can retrieve the old data but we are not able to upload new documents to any of the folders in the production system).

In the Sandbox, we can upload and display the records.

Is there any possiblility to delete the record model versions?

Kindly advice us to proceed further.

Regards,

Nishad

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nishad,

Keeping objects in external content repository is not a good idea if there is a possibility that the objects can be transported to another system where they need to be used as well. The transport just copies the link to the new system. So 2 systems then are able to work with same object. When one system changes the object and saves it as the same version then other system will not be able to access it  because it still has the old keys to access the object while the keys have been changed.

Changing the model and saving it basically creates a new PHIO and deletes the old PHIO and object content key is the new PHIO id which is now present only in one system . Hence, the issue in the other system.

You can transport the record model from sandbox to production and then change the repository in sandbox system so that the sandbox system does not access the repository accessed by production system.

If the record model in its current form in sandbox is not required in production( if you need the old record model in production) then please check if there are old versions available for the record model in production system using SRMGS_DOCTOOL OR in any other system(ref: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b067767a-4394-2e10-1bbe-f6ab8ec73... ) . You will need to delete later versions so that the version you need is the current version of the record model( and transport to production if the production does not have old versions either).

Best Regards,

Pragya

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pragya,

Thank you very much for the above post, which gave us a better idea about the issue.

I also need one more clarification. If we create the new folders directly in the production environment with a new version, whether it will create new PHIO id in the production to solve the current isssue.

Regards,

Nishad

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nishad,

Yes, that will solve the issue.

Generally it is seen that record models or document templates are created in development and later on after a validation in Q, transported to Production,hence, I did not suggest changing in production environment.

Best Regards,

Pragya

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pragya,

Thanks for the reply.

As we discussed, I have tried to create folders in Production environment. In Production Version 5 was the active version. When i tried to open the version its giving the below error, so that we are not able to create folders.

Please help me in sorting out this issue since it is affecting the production activities.

Regards,

Nishad

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nishad,

Please transport the record model to production or

pease check if there are old versions available for the record model in production system using SRMGS_DOCTOOL OR in any other system(ref: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b067767a-4394-2e10-1bbe-f6ab8ec73... ) . You will need to delete later versions so that the version so that the version you need is the current version of the record model.

Unless record model is repaired, it cannot be accessed.

Best Regards,

Pragya

muhammed_nishad
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pragya,

As per your suggestion we are planning to use the tool. We need a small clarification before using it.

In our case in production Version 5 is showing error and Version 4 is showing in display mode. So if we delete the Version 5 whether Version 4 will become active.

Regards,
Nishad

Pragya_Pande
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nishad,

Yes, When version 5 is deleted, version 4 becomes the latest version. Only the latest version is editable always.

Best Regards,

Pragya

Answers (0)