Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GW Host/ Service for program SAPSLDAPI on PO 7.31 single-stack

matthias_isenburg
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are running SAP PO 731 on SPS07 and are currently connecting all backend systems as proxys. All is done and all is working fine.

But when i checked my configurations i saw sth., which is not so pretty in our configuration.

In detail: To use proxys, you have defined among others a rfc connection with the name "SAPSLDAPI" (program iD maybe SAPSLDAPI_<SID of PO>). Testing is possible with Tx sldcheck or Tx sldapicust.

On PO java stack, you have to set this JCO in the "JCO RFC-Provider". To start it, you need a GATEWAY HOST/ SERVICE.

In the former pi releases you have a double stack installation with a gateway inside the abap stack (Tx smgw), but now on a single java stack, i don't know where i can run the program (ID).

As not pretty solution, i set our solman as gateway host. But this system is not defined as a high avalaible system and that's why i have some stomachache.

So, here my possibilities/ questions:

1. whats's about the gwrd process from the central services of our PO java stack? Can i run the program ID here locally? Is this possible?

If yes, could you provide me documentation? I tried it without success.

2. Or should i install standalone gateways on our same PO hosts? 3-tier as our 731-PO-landscape?

3. Or should i set many JCOs in the "JCO RFC-Provider" and start the the program (ID) in the corresponding backend system? F.ex. SAPSLDAPI_<SID of PO>_<SID of ERP> running in system ERP

What dou you think?

Thanks in advance,
Matthias

1 REPLY 1

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I moved this question into the area ABAP Connectivity since the area SAP Gateway is dedicated to the former SAP NetWeaver Gateway.

Best Regards,

Andre

ceterum censeo RAP esse utendam