cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Xcelsius in CRM Interactive Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fellow experts,

I need to confirm my understanding on how the Xcelsius Dashboards work in the Interactive Reports component of SAP CRM.

We have installed (with success) the CRM interactive reports in our sandbox environment, and can easily create new interactive reports with no trouble.

I have watched the demo created by Gert Tackeart (here: ), but the thing he does not mention is how to refresh the data underneath his dashboard.

I used to be very good at creating dashboards with Xcelsius but with static data. Now, I just need to understand how this data will be refreshed.

I understand there is a URL with the query ID which will run to get this data, and to be sent to the destination placeholder once ran. The question is... how do I get this data to be refreshed? What type of connection do I need?

I have installed Xcelsius 2008 for the time being, just for demo purpose (otherwise I'd have to install all of the other BW/BI tools to be able to edit XLF files).

Can anyone of you shed a light on what type of connection I need to setup to get this XML data to run? Or point me to more "comprehensive" tutorials?

Thanks for your help,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With CRM Interactive Reports the data is being taken "on-line" from CRM Database so there is not need to refresh the data...

this url will help you to understand more about CRM Interactive Reports...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp02/helpdata/en/24/25d3bd94e4408ea619223bf3143957/content.htm?f...